Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

car wash time

washing your model 3

• I do that sh*t myself, nobody touches my car!

Votes: 67 71.3%
  • I take it to a $60 car wash where they put it through the machine then clean interior while i watch

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I go to a gas station car wash for $10

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • I pay about $125-150 for a guy to come to my house and do a full car detail

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • other: tell us

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked “Other” but the more detailed answer is #2 with a change. I used to foam cannon, hand wash, etc. my 2018 M3LR for about the first year, then said enough. Since then I’ve used the converyor style carwash with rotating brushes and haven’t looked back. I’m seeing no noticeable damage for a lot less work. The only reason I didn’t choose this option in the poll is that my local cost is $22 for the inside/outside service and I usually tip about $6, so nowhere near $65.

Brush car washes will leave swirl marks in your paint. Touchless use high power sprayers and harsh chemicals which aren’t good on thin Tesla paint or ceramic coating. And not to mention the curb rash when you run your wheels on the conveyors. Instead clear of these.

Haha, how did I know you're an air-dry person?! The Ego leaf blower seems like a popular option with a lot of folks. I use the Metrovac Master Blaster which works well but I see the advantage of being cord free.
Shoot i cannot bring myself to spending $200+ on a leaf blower...i use a corded blower from Harbor Freight ($18). But the EGO is pretty sick - works nice on ceramic coated cars.

Haha, how did I know you're an air-dry person?! The Ego leaf blower seems like a popular option with a lot of folks. I use the Metrovac Master Blaster which works well but I see the advantage of being cord free.

It’s been so long since I started air drying. I’m an enthusiast detailer….if you couldn’t already tell from my washing equipment lol. So once I got into it and followed…..the less you touch the paint, even clean paint with a quality MF towel, the less chance you have to get micro swirls…..I got into air drying. That and I hated the drips from the nooks and crannies Lol. I only started using an ego within the past 6 or so years? Before that I was using a corded leaf blower. I was considering a metro vac….but it‘s so much easier to not be restricted to a cord and tube. Plus the volume of air the ego puts out…works much better on large panels. I don’t see a point in using filtered air. Unless you‘re using it in a sandstorm lol….personally just don’t think it’s needed.
Shoot i cannot bring myself to spending $200+ on a leaf blower...i use a corded blower from Harbor Freight ($18). But the EGO is pretty sick - works nice on ceramic coated cars.

It doubles as my actual blower for the yard, to blow leaves and cleanup after I cut the lawn. I use it 99.9% of the time over my corded and gas blower since I got it. So much easier to use. No extension cords to mess with. I don’t smell like gas. I can do a quick cleanup of the patio and around the pool. Ego is one of, if not the best cordless leaf blowers. So if you’re gonna go cordless…I highly recommend the Ego.

Ok, I'm going to have to try this next time. I always dry it with one of those super absorbent towels, but the ego would be way easier.

If it works well, I might even splurge for one of their fancy car drying nozzles.