Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CAR WASH ???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would recommend that you avoid any carwash that uses brushes or the swinging clothes to rub against your paint. Most touch-less (water jet) car washes should be fine. Many people avoid any car washes because of the soft paint, but any touch-less should get the job done for you. I will hand wash mine through the spring and summer, but when winter comes I plan to use a touch-less wash here in town.

Peace,
Father Bill

I tried a multitude of touchless washes and they were all pretty bad. As soon as the car dried, you could see it was still dirty. I hand wash as much as I can in the summer, but when winter comes, I've been using a "soft cloth" wash that works pretty well and has not caused any damage to the paint that I can see.

What about a mobile detail shop? It could get pricey depending on how often you need it washed, though. I know there's a few around Denver that have deals if you buy 6 or more at a time, bringing the cost to about $20 / wash. I'm sure Scottsdale has some that are similar.

I sent you a message with further details but this was a result of my car's first wash at a local "hand wash" car wash at 6 weeks of ownership in June. I sent you some recommendations but I will never take it to a car wash again. Some of these could not be polished out and the hood had to be sanded.

IMG_0078.jpg
IMG_0075.jpg