Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car washes in the GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Now that winter is here in the GTA, I can no longer hand wash my car. I imagine most of you who hand wash are in the same situation.

Just wanted to know what your wash plans are? I have a Petro Superpass wash card that I share with some coworkers but I don't think I can use it for my Model 3 due to the fact that the OEM rim lips stick past the tire. The Petro Canada touchless washes all seem to use a track which can damage the rims. The Glide washes have a conveyer belt system but are soft cloth only in my area. I'm in the Caledon/Brampton area.

Other than a coin-op, does anyone know of any other places that provide a touchless wash without a wheel track? My winter tires look like they bring the lip of the rim in line with the edge of the tire but it still doesn't instill confidence.

Curious to hear some thoughts on the matter. Thank you.

Reactions: Amandeep
The Esso touchless washes that I have used don't use a track at all. You pull in, put the car in park and the water heads, etc, rotate around your car. You car is completely stationary the entire time and it isn't pulled by any conveyor mechanism.

Most Esso washes I’ve been to are like this. However, I’ve also been to Esso washes with the dreaded track. I avoid tracks at all cost. I think the wash facilities aren’t standardized across gas station chains. It’s more a matter of what the particular station owner installed. I’d be really surprised if there are no Petro washes without tracks.

Hi All,

Now that winter is here in the GTA, I can no longer hand wash my car. I imagine most of you who hand wash are in the same situation.

Just wanted to know what your wash plans are? I have a Petro Superpass wash card that I share with some coworkers but I don't think I can use it for my Model 3 due to the fact that the OEM rim lips stick past the tire. The Petro Canada touchless washes all seem to use a track which can damage the rims. The Glide washes have a conveyer belt system but are soft cloth only in my area. I'm in the Caledon/Brampton area.

Other than a coin-op, does anyone know of any other places that provide a touchless wash without a wheel track? My winter tires look like they bring the lip of the rim in line with the edge of the tire but it still doesn't instill confidence.

Curious to hear some thoughts on the matter. Thank you.
The newer shell car washes also don’t use a track. Similar to the Esso washes.

Interesting. There's an Esso I pass on my way to work. I'll have to check out their car wash. Thank you.

Hey Tony, For our Escape I use an Ultramar touch free. As you pull in it blasts the lower sides and underbody. Once you park the sprayer moves around the car soaping it up and rinsing it off. Nothing physically touches any part of the car.
As far as the 3 goes Fabian advised me not to use any Car washes as the soap is quite strong and can prematurely wear the ceramic so if I can’t do it in the driveway I’ll use the coin wash to spray it down with plain water, use my own soap with a mitt in a bucket and then rinse it off again with plain water.

I bought a gallon of the PH neutral stuff he uses. Best soap I’ve used. Lots of suds and rinses clean.No streaking:

Pink Car Soap

Reactions: Tony_YYZ and Muskol
My plan for the winter is to continue doing hand washes in my garage with Optimum No Rinse (ONR). I've always used ONR to make up quick detailer but never tried the rinseless wash method as it's a little counter-intuitive to wash a car that way.

I tried it for the first time last night and was very pleased with how it turned out. I went to a coin-op first and did a thorough high pressure spray down, drove home and did the ONR wash with about 3 gallons of warm water. I used Carpro Reload silica spray as a drying aid (not required but wanted to top my Cquartz ceramic coating with it).

This method seems to be tried and tested to be safe in regards to wash induced marring. I was inspecting as I went with a strong LED and didn't see anything of concern.

Hey Tony, For our Escape I use an Ultramar touch free. As you pull in it blasts the lower sides and underbody. Once you park the sprayer moves around the car soaping it up and rinsing it off. Nothing physically touches any part of the car.
As far as the 3 goes Fabian advised me not to use any Car washes as the soap is quite strong and can prematurely wear the ceramic so if I can’t do it in the driveway I’ll use the coin wash to spray it down with plain water, use my own soap with a mitt in a bucket and then rinse it off again with plain water.

I bought a gallon of the PH neutral stuff he uses. Best soap I’ve used. Lots of suds and rinses clean.No streaking:

Pink Car Soap

Hey Sandy,

That's interesting because my detailer said I am fine to use touchless washes after the 30 day full cure period for the ceramic.

I'm trying to see if there is an option that doesn't require my hands to freeze o_O. I want to maintain the finish of the paint as best as I can even with the ceramic coating on it. I use the Chemical Guys Mr. Pink soap which is PH neutral.

My plan for the winter is to continue doing hand washes in my garage with Optimum No Rinse (ONR). I've always used ONR to make up quick detailer but never tried the rinseless wash method as it's a little counter-intuitive to wash a car that way.

I tried it for the first time last night and was very pleased with how it turned out. I went to a coin-op first and did a thorough high pressure spray down, drove home and did the ONR wash with about 3 gallons of warm water. I used Carpro Reload silica spray as a drying aid (not required but wanted to top my Cquartz ceramic coating with it).

This method seems to be tried and tested to be safe in regards to wash induced marring. I was inspecting as I went with a strong LED and didn't see anything of concern.

I was thinking this might be what I need to do. I use ONR as a quick detailer and as a drying lubricant. I'd do the same with going to the coin-op and spraying it down thoroughly then heading home to my garage and start the ONR wash.

Reactions: mahagala and 03DSG

Hey Sandy,

That's interesting because my detailer said I am fine to use touchless washes after the 30 day full cure period for the ceramic.

I'm trying to see if there is an option that doesn't require my hands to freeze o_O. I want to maintain the finish of the paint as best as I can even with the ceramic coating on it. I use the Chemical Guys Mr. Pink soap which is PH neutral.

I was thinking this might be what I need to do. I use ONR as a quick detailer and as a drying lubricant. I'd do the same with going to the coin-op and spraying it down thoroughly then heading home to my garage and start the ONR wash.

I like it. Plus my coin wash is only a block away. Where do you guys buy ONR in Canada?

My 3's exterior was filthy. I just didn't have any time to wash it manually so I braved an Esso touchless wash today. No wheel track, got the most basic wash and it did the trick. I'll have to clean my door jambs with ONR this weekend if I have a spare moment.

Thanks again all!