Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car washing a Model S by hand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do people wax their paint armor? Would/does it make it shine better or is it a pointless act?

Yes. I believe you are supposed to in fact. It keeps it looking better that way long term. That is what I was told at least by the installer who just covered the frunk with the Avery Nano Fusion film (same film that Tesla calls Paint Armor on the Model S). Not, 'Paint Armor' on the Roadster was a 3M film that is clearer but turns yellow more easily. The Avery film has a lifetime warranty against this but isn't as clear and a little more expensive I was told at least.

They must have changed that, as all the showroom floor displays and (most?) current test drive cars have fully chromed handles, inside and out. Suspect this was a very recent running change, as I'll bet some early sig holders have fully chromed handles.
I realize this is off topic but always wondered why tesla did not offer paint color door handle, anyone here that is good with all those fancy paint programs paint in the handles body color, I think the S would look super sleek.

I realize this is off topic but always wondered why tesla did not offer paint color door handle, anyone here that is good with all those fancy paint programs paint in the handles body color, I think the S would look super sleek.
Can always just get it wrapped!

And to the OP, I apply Zaino to my paint armor the same as the car. You will get build-up at the line so have to watch that but otherwise works just fine.

Hope this is the place for this post, just received my CR Spotless water filter today and installed, I was wiped by the Florida sun and humidity but just had to try it. I don't have the best water here but it is city and PH balanced pretty well. I plumbed the CR in a new line that is supplied with soft water, i wanted to extend the life of the resin as long as possible, ( IT AIN"T TOO CHEAP ) at least by my standards. You all know what Florida is like in the summer, we are usually gone to cooler climates but stayed home this year. Washing the car, which I enjoy became a real chore, after my meticulous wash and detail with soft water i had to mico fiber the car with Mcquires final finish to get the water spots off before they became PERMANENT. I really dragged my feet ordering this filter on price alone, but pulled the trigger and am totally impressed. I rushed the job as I was exhausted from the minimal install but the car looks great, I rinsed the car with deionized water to cool it and washed my brush and applied soap directly to the brush. I only intended to do the hood as i mentioned I'm a lazy SOB. but it was so easy i got carried away and washed the car in about 6 or 7 minutes, rinsed with the new water and let dry in the HOT FLORIDA SUN, not a mark left behind. I would really recommend one of these systems if you enjoy washing your car.