Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car will not de accelerate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a major safety issue. It's happened twice in last few months. I'm on interstate going somewhere close to 100mph. I let off pedal and car doesn't slow down. The error appears ""stability system disengaged"". Only way to slow it is to jam brakes, and smoke them trying to get off interstate. Help desk sees error. Go to SC and get "nothing in error codes"" . Yada yada.
Anyone ever had this situation????

Reduced regen power due to cold battery?
Maybe wheel rotation sensor error, this would disable ABS and stability systems.
In any way, bad /sensational description and "jab and smoke brakes" does not make it more sane or reliable.

When I read this OPs post, I read that they are going 100 miles per hour, and when they let off the accelerator, there is little or no regen. With that being said, someone who has had a tesla since 2013 would know to describe this as a "lack of regen" rather than "car will not de accelerate" which literally means "car will not stop accelerating".

So, I dont know.

Service man said he sees the stability system was dis engaged both times. It was 130pm 85 degrees, had driven 40 miles to Jacksonville. Battery was down to about 150 miles left. This is second time.
I have replaced front stock brakes with Corvette Z06 drilled and slotted rotors and matching ceramic pads. It was challenging to get it slowed down on the interstate to get to off ramp. SC guy said he sent problem to Fremont.
It actually acts like cruise control is on ,,not,,. And won't turn off. Electronically, the brake is not killing power to motor.