Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car with FSD - Any side effects when driving manually?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to try the FSD beta that I bought forever ago - just waiting with a 97 safety score to be admitted. Assuming I do get admitted at some point, are there any "side effects" of having FSD installed while driving manually? The other half drives the car daily but always drives manually - she never uses cruise control on the freeway let alone AP. I'd avoid installing if the car acts quirky while "hand driving". Are the phantom braking reports only with FSD engaged?

Since the switch to Tesla Vision, I got my first phantom braking on the freeway recently, but that was with AP engaged.

thx

I'd like to try the FSD beta that I bought forever ago - just waiting with a 97 safety score to be admitted. Assuming I do get admitted at some point, are there any "side effects" of having FSD installed while driving manually? The other half drives the car daily but always drives manually - she never uses cruise control on the freeway let alone AP. I'd avoid installing if the car acts quirky while "hand driving". Are the phantom braking reports only with FSD engaged?

Since the switch to Tesla Vision, I got my first phantom braking on the freeway recently, but that was with AP engaged.

thx
When driving manually with FSDß, there are no side effects other than the fancier visualizations, which I like anyway.

My wife wants nothing to do with FSDß, and has it turned off in her profile, and her experience is just like a non-FSDß release.

Reactions: NathanielHrnblwr