Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car won’t turn off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So about a week ago I went into a grocery store and after about 20 minutes I get a notification that the doors are unlocked (I have walk away locks on) I opened the app and just clicked the little button to lock it. Another 20 minutes another message.

I go out to the car. Lights are on, MCU is on, climate is on. I open and close the drivers door. Everything is still on. I get in and get out and it shut off.

I get home same thing happens.

For two days the car functions as it should and locks every time I get out of the car.

However…now it seems that 3 out of 5 times it won’t shut down. I have to watch is like a hawk. I have a 22m3 21k on the odo. Anyone else have this happen?? I know the car needs to go to tesla but since I don’t know why it’s doing it it’s hard for me to actually get it to replicate it once it’s there.

Hmmmmm. Have you checked if there isn't a keycard in the car? I left my mobile phone a few times and the car won't lock then either. Have you done a full reboot? Just some ideas. Good luck.

Last resort - ask Tesla.
For sure no keycard. Or phones I was alone in the car. Did the reboot.
I just hesitate to call tesla get until it’s either doing it all the time or I know how to for sure replicate it. Otherise I know the dang thing will behave and they’ll give it back to me and be like “within spec”

For sure no keycard. Or phones I was alone in the car. Did the reboot.
I just hesitate to call tesla get until it’s either doing it all the time or I know how to for sure replicate it. Otherise I know the dang thing will behave and they’ll give it back to me and be like “within spec”
If it's a faulty sensor, like Big Earl mentioned, it's possible for Tesla to test remotely to find out if anything is amiss. If it keeps happening after the next update and rebooting, then order service on your app and describe as much of the problem as you can. A faulty sensor seems likely.