Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car won't automatically go to low ride height at speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I leave my house with ride height set to highest level to clear driveway. Around 20 mph it moves to "high" (not at 10 mph as it's supposed to). At around 35 it goes to "standard" but never moves to "low" even though I have it set to move to low @ 50. I can drive 80mph and it stays @ standard. Is there a problem or am I missing something?
BTW, it will go to low if I change it from the screen.

I leave my house with ride height set to highest level to clear driveway. Around 20 mph it moves to "high" (not at 10 mph as it's supposed to). At around 35 it goes to "standard" but never moves to "low" even though I have it set to move to low @ 50. I can drive 80mph and it stays @ standard. Is there a problem or am I missing something?
BTW, it will go to low if I change it from the screen.

Would suggest changing it to a different lowering speed, to troubleshoot. Also, a reboot wouldn't hurt, if you haven't tried already. Next step would be service center appt.

The Very High to High transition speed was raised in 5.9 to around 25, so that sounds correct. Very useful for me as I can now set it a block before arriving at my driveway.

Not sure why the Low transition does not work for you though - as suggested a reboot would not hurt. If I recall there was also the need to actually enable the lowering as well as simply setting the speed. (also bear in mind you have to be above the set speed for around 60 seconds for it to change)