Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car won't connect to wifi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an extender which is showing as online, have periodically had no problem with connectivity but recently I can't even get the wifi network name to show up. I live in a condo and several other neighbors have given me their passwords and now even their networks are not showing upl

Update your firmware. It fixed my issue.
The router’s firmware or the car’s firmware? I’m new to this but I thought that the software updates we get periodically were the car’s firmware update. Is there some other firmware update procedure?

My car sees networks all over the neighborhood but when I try to connect I get a DCHP error. I have to use my phone to update these days. I got my 22M3LR in May and the connection to home wifi worked fine for a few months but not anymore.

Hi everyone, new Tesla owner here (2016 Model S 85). I was having the same issue where mobile hotspot wasn't showing up in my wifi list. After some restarts and troubleshooting, I came across this setting on my phone and changed the band from 5GHz to 2.4GHz. That did the trick for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221218_195231_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20221218_195231_Settings.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 118
Holy crap - thanks everyone. I did the hard reboot and it immediately saw my home wifi and easily connected. It’s currently downloading 2022.44.30.1. I can’t believe that service didn’t suggest the reboot- very disappointing. Screw service, this site is much more valuable.

The router’s firmware or the car’s firmware? I’m new to this but I thought that the software updates we get periodically were the car’s firmware update. Is there some other firmware update procedure?

My car sees networks all over the neighborhood but when I try to connect I get a DCHP error. I have to use my phone to update these days. I got my 22M3LR in May and the connection to home wifi worked fine for a few months but not anymore.
I fixed my problem by resetting an old Apple Time Machine router and using that network instead of trying to connect to my internet provider’s (Telus) “range extender” network. Trial and error until something worked.