Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car won't make left to right lane changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can lane change from a right to my left lane in navigate on autopilot and in normal autopilot. But the car will not go from left to right lanes.

Is there some restriction I'm not aware of? Cameras are clean and I've tried from different lanes and speeds, but I can only make my way to the fast lane and then I'm stuck ☹️

Even when asking me to confirm a lane change to the right it won't start it, this isn't a case of the in and out lane change because the graphic animation of the lane change doesn't even start.

Anyone seen this before?

What software version are you on? I had the same problems yesterday randomly on my 2019 SR+ (FSD) on 2020.28.5

On the highway on NoA doing 70mph then flicked the turn signal stalk to move into the right lane and nothing happened. Move myself there then a bit later tried to go to the left lane and it started to move then came back into the lane ... I thought maybe a car was coming but nope, just didn’t want to change lanes.

I’ve done a couple reboots and even a Power Off but haven’t been back on the road since. I did notice that my car uploaded a ton of data yesterday after getting home.

8FFC41B7-B919-41AD-9530-E79151C426A8.png

Found a post of someone describing the opposite problem (car won't lane change to the left)
Autopilot lane change to left not working | Tesla

They asked if the turn signal is working but no reply on a solution.

It was the turn signal. After a previous service they had left the rear tail light unplugged. That or it wasn't fully seated and popped out.

I'm aware of the fast blinker notification but it just didn't stand out enough for me to notice it.

Reactions: lUtriaNt