Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car won't wake from app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
My car (Model 3 LR) has stopped waking up from the App. Started last night (which co-incidentally was when I installed 2020.36.10). Seems there are report from others of the same problem too:

upload_2020-9-17_13-19-58.png

Same, it's not waking anymore.
I my case I'm pretty sure I've had it wake properly since 2020.36.10 and it wasn't waking yesterday before I installed iOS14. I'm going to guess another cause. TeslaFi couldn't wake it either.

Mine was doing the same thing right after the update but today I've been able to wake it.

Took the app a few minutes but left it with my screen lock coming on twice while the app was trying to.
It finally connected.

I let it go back to sleep and tried again and it didn't take as long this time.

We upgraded to 2020.36.10 nearly a week ago. Its been fine until now so its directly related to new software or any iOS update. We are also on wifi.

It is also affecting third party apps like TeslaFi.

upload_2020-9-17_14-38-3.png

In the end, the Tesla app just gives up with a 'Vehicle Connection Error'. But part way through the waking up, the Frunk and Unlock icons briefly enable.

upload_2020-9-17_14-45-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-17_14-46-46.png
    upload_2020-9-17_14-46-46.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
could it be a batch of 4G sims/profiles are a bit dodgy. Mine is maybe a touch slower today to wake up, but we have variable 4G coverage that is randomly affected by warmer and stormy weather (it's amazingly 24 degrees here today) - so I wouldn't rule out mobile network for the slight slowness today.

but definitely connects fine with no issues or errors - 36.10

I had the same issue yesterday and today, both before I upgraded to the latest 2020.36.10 and before i upgrade to iOS14, so I don't think it is linked to an upgrade at all.

Is everyone that is having problems using some sort of third party service. i.e teslafi, teslamate etc? I'm wondering if tesla have put some sort of limit on how often the api is allowed to be polled?

I just opened the car (usual way, phone proximity - works as normal) and noticed that the connectivity icon shows that it's disconnected. It takes 10-20s or so for a connection to be established. Perhaps points to the car going offline in sleep?

We upgraded to 2020.36.10 nearly a week ago. Its been fine until now so its NOT directly related to new software or any iOS update. We are also on wifi.

not directly related.

Looks like the not waking may be a misnomer and its a comms issue - someone one sentry is also having the same problem and if sentry is on, car will not sleep.

Tis apparent outage, plus blocking some services earlier in the week, I wonder if Tesla is doing a big network reorganisation, possibly ahead of changes in V11?

Same here, just updated the software and the app won't wake the car up anymore. Tried it on both an iPhone and an old Sony Android tablet. Both used to be able to wake the car, but now it seems the app just sits there "waking up" until it times out.

Tried it with my iPhone when out today, just tried again with it and the car on wifi, and seems the same.

Doesn't seem to be connectivity, I think, as Teslamate still seems to have logged everything since the update.

Still not waking up here. Latest Android version, no third party apps. No joy with full re-boot. On 36.10 for the last couple of days, may have been like this since the update as not used the car. Summat amiss. I'm heading off for a short break at the weekend so hoping for a quick fix :(