Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caraoke Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got V10 and all seems cool and OK except Caraoke. Regardless of which song I pick I just get a black window...no music and no words. The play button is greyed out and the fast forward and reverse buttons don't work. Anyone else seeing same behavoir?

I received V10 today, tried Caraoke after the install (Bohemian Rhapsody) and it worked fine. Later tonight I tried and same results as you. Everything else is working fine, just Caraoke is pooched.

Just got V10 and all seems cool and OK except Caraoke. Regardless of which song I pick I just get a black window...no music and no words. The play button is greyed out and the fast forward and reverse buttons don't work. Anyone else seeing same behavoir?

Yep - seems about right. I updated to V.10 on my X about 3 days ago - then the car went into service for some fixes (Charge port, gurgling media sounds, blank batery screen. All fixed plus a firmware update then reload of software V.10. All great - but no theatre mode.

Called Tesla support - sometimes an issue with car nicknames - erased that. Reboot. Nada.apparently a known issue - engineers are on it.

Anybody with MX seeing Caroake and Theater? I got 32.11 and nothing - although I got smart summon and everything else.
No. And I just got the car back from the shop. Tesla engineers say a few vehicles have this - a work in progress. Patience was requested. Thinking of calling the leasing company and asking them if they have any patience for the next payment...

If you have an older MX you probably will not get Theater. MS and MX with MCU1 won't get it. I'm in that boat with my 2017 MS75. :(

But I also have not seen Caraoke in the update on my car so I'm also wondering about that.

Can anyone confirm Caraoke in an MCU1 Model S or X?
I have a mid-2018 MX - should be ok - and I still don't have it. And tesla were doing MCU upgrades for older cars - you should ask!

I have a mid-2018 MX - should be ok - and I still don't have it. And tesla were doing MCU upgrades for older cars - you should ask!
Since the upgrade to my MS 2017 also did not include Caraoke or Theater or some other games, I brought it in to the dealer to check. He inquired and T said that this “1.5 year old model S’s screen does not have the required processor to support videos?!? He thinks that somewhere down the line we will be able to upgrade the Screen’s hardware, but not just yet.

Since the upgrade to my MS 2017 also did not include Caraoke or Theater or some other games, I brought it in to the dealer to check. He inquired and T said that this “1.5 year old model S’s screen does not have the required processor to support videos?!? He thinks that somewhere down the line we will be able to upgrade the Screen’s hardware, but not just yet.

The MCU1 (Nvidia Tegra processor) was in all Model S and X cars manufactured from 2012 through March 2018 when it was replaced with the MCU2 (Intel Atom processor).

Supposedly the connectors, etc... are different so it's not a plug and play solution to upgrade.

Serious? Ugh... They should be upgrading the processor, even in Tegra, as the years go by.. I mean we have processor from 2012 in our 2017's??

-m