TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Caraoke

Discussion in 'Canada' started by vipros, Oct 12, 2019.

1. vipros

vipros Member

When in caraoke mode, the mic doesn't pick up the singing voice. Is this expected behavior or do I have to buy a USB microphone? If just the background music, there are tons in spotify. What's the point of creating a dedicated caraoke mode?

2. bijan

bijan Member

#2 bijan, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Yeah that's how it's implemented. The only advantages in caraoke mode are 1) you have the lyrics shown and 2) you can disable the playback of the vocals.

Edit: I don't think they have much choice, as to implement it with the microphone, the microphone would have to have a short range and you'd have to hold it up to your mouth. I don't know where the microphone is but it's nowhere near our mouths. The USB microphone is a good idea maybe tweet it out but I'm almost certain it's not currently implemented.

3. akidesir

akidesir Member

I keep getting errors when playing any of the three tracks from the Korean Pop group Blackpink. Kind of bummed as those are the songs I would really want to sing... grr.. The Caraoke screen just stays black and the music doesn't start at all for any of the three.. I don't seem to experience this issue with any other song though. If any of you out there can give it a shot and let me know that'll be great!