Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Brakes for Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RB sent me an email asking how much interest there is in carbon brakes for the Tesla Model S. If there is enough interest they will make a full run of them dramatically lowering the price from the current hand made ones. We are talking lower than Corvette and Camaro pricing I think. If you are at all interested, get ahold of them. I am very happy with their metal rotors, noticeably better ride and measurably better acceleration.

Carbon Ceramic Brake for Tesla - RacingBrake Forums

Guess who made these? They want to make a volume run so they can sell them MUCH cheaper.

>kirkbauer
Carbon brakes have come a LONG way in recent years. I have Lyndall carbon rotors on my motorcycle and they are better than stock in the rain. Lyndall recommends changing pads for track days. Older Porsche carbon brakes were for the track and suck in the rain unless you change pads.
Good to know ... the package needs to be significantly cheaper than the $9K Unplugged price :cool:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: LCR1 and The Duke
Guess who made these? They want to make a volume run so they can sell them MUCH cheaper.

>kirkbauer
Carbon brakes have come a LONG way in recent years. I have Lyndall carbon rotors on my motorcycle and they are better than stock in the rain. Lyndall recommends changing pads for track days. Older Porsche carbon brakes were for the track and suck in the rain unless you change pads.

I'm sure you are correct. Mine was a 2004 911 Turbo S.

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT BUT RACING BRAKES CARBON CERAMIC BRAKES!!!

I had them on my P90D and they were awful. Much less stopping power than the standard brakes. You have to remove the dust shield to fit them too. They admitted they haven't even tested them on a real Tesla Model S/X. No braking distance tests at all! DO NOT PURCHASE!

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
DSC07546.JPG

Reactions: FlatSix911