Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Dash Replacement: RPM vs. TSportline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to use a blow dryer and press my TSportline cap to fit a little better, but the edge that meets the silver trim is definitely not straight on the one they sent me. If I were to do it again I'd go for the full dash replacement from RPM Tesla and would recommend against the TSportline, that's what I get for being cheap. I can see myself replacing this with the full dash kit if it continues to bother me in a few months.

I contacted them and they basically said that I just installed it wrong, and offered no help.

Looks like the one 03DSG received fits a lot better than mine, so with TSportline YMMV

I see the RPM Tesla offers a cap version where they have a core charge and install themselves before they send out, I would recommend going that route. I'm actually trying to contact them to see if they will accept my dash as is as a core

Sorry to hear that. When I was dry fitting mine numerous times I noticed a slight gap at the front as well in the middle 2 feet of the dash in the same place yours is. I found, during dry fitting, by pulling the cap forward it closed the gap at the front. Once the VHB tapes touches the dash it’s going to stick so having 2 people, one in each seat, and making sure the the rear of the cap is tight against the wood before lowering it into place on the wood helps.
I didn’t want any wood showing so before I installed it I cut some thin 1/8” wide strips of 3M 1080 matte black and ran it all along the front edge of the wood where the wood meets the aluminum trim. I used thin strips of this:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01IIA2K92/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After I installed it I thought it would have been better to only expose the rear strip of VHB tape and just pull one end of the front tape cover down far enough to grab after lowering the dash into place and then pulling the cover off the front tape.

OT but any amazon recommendations for the glue on matte black thats pre cut?

OT but any amazon recommendations for the glue on matte black thats pre cut?

I have not seen a solid matte black dash replacement. If you mean matte black vinyl pre cut for the dash I haven't seen that either. One issue with vinyl on the dash is that it can 'print' the wood underneath and not look smooth.Thats why most dash vinyl is patterened.

Yup, RPM Tesla has replied saying they are able to accept my core as is, they are really bailing me out on this one - plus theirs is over $100 cheaper. TSportline hasn't been helpful, will never buy from them or recommend them for anything.
RPM Tesla gets a real bad rap on the Internet, they simply weren't able to keep up with demand and suffered from slow shipping and subpar customer service but my experiences with them have been incredible, I've spent over $1000 on multiple orders, only thing that didn't work out was an item was backordered but they shipped the rest of my order on time and then expedited shipping on the one item I had left.

Reactions: jnericks
RPM Tesla gets a real bad rap on the Internet, they simply weren't able to keep up with demand and suffered from slow shipping and subpar customer service but my experiences with them have been incredible, I've spent over $1000 on multiple orders, only thing that didn't work out was an item was back ordered but they shipped the rest of my order on time and then expedited shipping on the one item I had left.

I have been waiting for my CF dashboard order for over 2 months from them and today I just emailed them for the 3rd time with no response since November 19th. I ordered it October 29th "In time for Christmas" So much for their 48 hour email response promise. This was a similar experience when I ordered the Carbon Fiber Spoiler.

(Edit) Just Texted the main number to cancel the order, and they responded immediately, so at least there's that

By contrast my Abstract Ocean order was confirmed and shipped within 24 hours.

Last edited:
I have been waiting for my CF dashboard order for over 2 months from them and today I just emailed them for the 3rd time with no response since November 19th. I ordered it October 29th "In time for Christmas" So much for their 48 hour email response promise. This was a similar experience when I ordered the Carbon Fiber Spoiler.

(Edit) Just Texted the main number to cancel the order, and they responded immediately, so at least there's that

By contrast my Abstract Ocean order was confirmed and shipped within 24 hours.

The AO cf dash cap fits and looks perfect. I'm very happy with mine.

I have the TSportline and it’s lifted on the drivers side I press it down and it stays for a few seconds before lifting. Disappointed as the wood dash is definitely showing underneath. After I had installed it I also noticed the weaving pattern was off on the drivers side as well like it was crooked. For $500 I was hoping for better quality. I contacted them as it’s under 12 month warranty to see what I can do. I’m afraid what will happen trying to remove it as I also used the self promote adhesive. I honestly wouldn’t care if I cover it again with another cap but I’m not dishing out another $500 for one. After seeing several videos the Abstract Ocean one looks to be the easiest. Too bad it wasn’t available when I purchased mine.

I got the CF cap from China...around US$200 and the CF rods for $60. No glare whatsoever, it is thin as hell so it looks like one piece.

cfpartstsa9550eb66f904645.jpg