TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Carbon fiber door sills back in stock! [photos]

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by josh-io, Jan 21, 2016.

1. josh-io

josh-io Member

Continuing from this earlier thread:
    Roadster carbon fiber door sills back in stock?

I randomly saw the door sills back in stock on the online store, so I decided to buy a pair thinking my order would for sure be canceled. Sure enough, Tesla delivered them one month later, brand new, to the Sunnyvale facility. I picked them up and installed them earlier this evening. Here they are:

IMG_0476.jpg

If you want a pair, order them here:
    Tesla Carbon Fiber Door Sills

It looks like they may be available in both silver and black scuff plates, too.

2. DeedWest

DeedWest 2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport #1438

They look fantastic! Great to see that they're finally back in stock. And in regards to the earlier thread - I think I might agree with you on preferring the silver scuff plate. I had them in my orange 2.5 and I'd hopefully have them in my next one.

They look ESPECIALLY great with the Black/Dark Gray rally interior. Simply put: I am jealous.

3. josh-io

josh-io Member

Go order them while you can! As for the scuff plate, I've heard how fragile it is. I might even take it to a local shop and see about adding a clear 3M vinyl covering for protection.