Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Heated Steering Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im about to pull the trigger on a heated carbon fiber steering wheel for my MYP, but would like some experiences on the heated portion, mainly that as itll be carbon fiber, will it crack easily or whatnot. Ive heard conflicting opinionated answers prior so figured Id ask for real life experiences, not opinions if possible.

I ordered mine through EVOffer.com, while it's a bit more I wanted certain options (including heating). Granted, I haven't received it yet, I didn't expect to though. It was nice when they emailed me to confirm my month/year build date, apparently there are some differences after Aug 2021.

Edit: I've bought from EVOffer.com before, way more than what this steering wheel is. That's why I'm not minding the wait atm.

Reactions: gundam83
I ordered mine through EVOffer.com, while it's a bit more I wanted certain options (including heating). Granted, I haven't received it yet, I didn't expect to though. It was nice when they emailed me to confirm my month/year build date, apparently there are some differences after Aug 2021.

Edit: I've bought from EVOffer.com before, way more than what this steering wheel is. That's why I'm not minding the wait atm.
Good to know, as I have an incoming 2022

I just got my heated yoke in yesterday. $500 shipped from a seller on AliExpress. Took about a month, but they were amazing. Wrote me every step of the build. They also asked about the build of my Y and to confirm the correct wheel, which is awesome retailers are doing! Agreed!

I asked that the trim be real matte white carbon fiber, and they did that as well. Ill be installing soon. For the price, Im more than happy. Only drawback, it had the old rubber wheels. I had a pair of newer metal ones left over from my 3's old wheel, so a swapped it out.

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0547.jpeg

Yokes on the Y make zero sense, there's no display the current steering wheel is blocking (unlike the S/X). So, it's pure FOMO, so to each their own on that...

Personally most of my interior is forged carbon fiber, as I wanted something a bit different for the interior. Finding a forged carbon + blue strip + blue stitching + heated + flat bottom / rounded top on AliExpress wasn't worth the ~$200 I would have saved. As most on AliExpress I contacted didn't really seem to understand my full ask for the order.

Reactions: DblOSmith
Yokes on the Y make zero sense, there's no display the current steering wheel is blocking (unlike the S/X). So, it's pure FOMO, so to each their own on that...

Personally most of my interior is forged carbon fiber, as I wanted something a bit different for the interior. Finding a forged carbon + blue strip + blue stitching + heated + flat bottom / rounded top on AliExpress wasn't worth the ~$200 I would have saved. As most on AliExpress I contacted didn't really seem to understand my full ask for the order.

When the Model 3 was announced, they sent out a poster to those who first reserved. On this poster, it shows a drawing of the interior. There is a yoke drawn in, not a wheel. That being said, they didnt go that direction with the 3 or Y, as we all know. As of now, I view it as purely cosmetic and a personal choice. I added a yoke to my 3 this past May, and instantly loved it. My opinion only, and couldnt care less if it was shared by anyone.

Search for "Greecar Modification Store" on AliExpress. English is great and explaining my personal modification to them was effortless.