Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Interior on Refreshed Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone successfully ordered a refreshed Long Range with Carbon Fiber interior? I know it only "comes" on the Plaid, but in the past people have been able to special order things that are "off menu".

If not, has anyone found the part numbers for the carbon? IMO the light wood on the white interior is horrid and I would want to swap it immediately. (Wrapping in faux carbon is not an option I would consider).

I don’t think there’s any real way to do it right now… Here are most of the part numbers but apparently the rear armrest will require an entire back rest replacement.

For what it’s worth I’m trying to do the same thing. Just not sure how the console trim will work in the front.

Attachments

• DEF1C77D-D803-4B95-A68F-0DE931FB7DB6.png
    DEF1C77D-D803-4B95-A68F-0DE931FB7DB6.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 500
Has anyone successfully ordered a refreshed Long Range with Carbon Fiber interior? I know it only "comes" on the Plaid, but in the past people have been able to special order things that are "off menu".

If not, has anyone found the part numbers for the carbon? IMO the light wood on the white interior is horrid and I would want to swap it immediately. (Wrapping in faux carbon is not an option I would consider).
Have you seen a recent build with the wood? It's darker than the early builds and the images on the site. You might change your mind about it, I did.

9D403EA4-C471-45FE-B2DF-8A4D90EA1411.jpeg

Reactions: chrisdh79
I was hoping to a cf swap also. I don't care for non-neutral tones on my interior accents, and actually loved the white trim in my M3P, despite some folks saying it didn't look "luxury" enough.

It's gratifying to see the posts from Scrapps and Doubleshot confirming what I thought I was seeing in some of the recent photos of the white interior. It definitely looks closer to the dark wood in the black interior (why couldn't we get that one?). I'm a little curious how much of the time between those two shots is exposure value though - Scrapps photo looks slightly less exposed than Doubleshot's, to my eye.

One other option I'm actually considering is buying one of the wrap kits the guy in the accessories thread is selling. They're about $130, so if I get bored with it or miss the wood it's cheap enough that I wouldn't feel bad just ripping it off.

I was hoping to a cf swap also. I don't care for non-neutral tones on my interior accents, and actually loved the white trim in my M3P, despite some folks saying it didn't look "luxury" enough.

It's gratifying to see the posts from Scrapps and Doubleshot confirming what I thought I was seeing in some of the recent photos of the white interior. It definitely looks closer to the dark wood in the black interior (why couldn't we get that one?). I'm a little curious how much of the time between those two shots is exposure value though - Scrapps photo looks slightly less exposed than Doubleshot's, to my eye.

One other option I'm actually considering is buying one of the wrap kits the guy in the accessories thread is selling. They're about $130, so if I get bored with it or miss the wood it's cheap enough that I wouldn't feel bad just ripping it off.
Yea. I thought about doing the wrap too. The wood is not smooth though and I'd be upset over the wrinkles hah.

CF replacement I was thinking about too but after seeing it in person I think I'm a bigger fan of the wood than the CF

Reactions: Neon001
Ah, bummer about the texture.. Glad to hear it's changing minds in person, though.
I did the wrap on mine, came out great honestly. The vinyl is thick enough and the wood is sanded down enough that you don’t see any of the grain.

Attachments

• 893366A4-F379-490D-A731-E089C2124B6D.jpeg
    893366A4-F379-490D-A731-E089C2124B6D.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 4F07335B-4AE7-4ED2-8AF4-49FFA8747C77.jpeg
    4F07335B-4AE7-4ED2-8AF4-49FFA8747C77.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 344
  • DE83E096-2C2A-4BD4-B4AC-E69EF3812816.jpeg
    DE83E096-2C2A-4BD4-B4AC-E69EF3812816.jpeg
    687.9 KB · Views: 327
  • E739EC16-8182-4130-90E5-E9C3762FF37C.jpeg
    E739EC16-8182-4130-90E5-E9C3762FF37C.jpeg
    535.5 KB · Views: 393
  • 895E283F-CB8A-4BEF-BC22-85815125C2C5.jpeg
    895E283F-CB8A-4BEF-BC22-85815125C2C5.jpeg
    496.4 KB · Views: 354
I did the wrap on mine, came out great honestly. The vinyl is thick enough and the wood is sanded down enough that you don’t see any of the grain.
Looks fantastic! How long did it take you, and does the material trailerable a few slip ups? I wrapped my piano gloss trim in my M3 and it was a little nerve-wracking.

Really leaning towards trying this out unless I get my car and just love the walnut. Not sure what color I'd go with.. carbon fiber look is cool but I might just opt for plain old matte black. He also had another carbon fiber with a different "weave" that looks pretty neat. Hmm.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I suppose we're technically still on topic. 😅

I would love to see this happen!

We did the swap to carbon fiber on my 2022 Model S last week. Looks great but it would've been a lot easier if Tesla offered this as an option. This is our first Model S (out of 6) that we weren't able to order with carbon fiber directly from Tesla. Video coming soon!

We did the swap to carbon fiber on my 2022 Model S last week. Looks great but it would've been a lot easier if Tesla offered this as an option. This is our first Model S (out of 6) that we weren't able to order with carbon fiber directly from Tesla. Video coming soon!
You going to post the entire parts list? :)

And not even a teaser pic? Dang.

Looks fantastic! How long did it take you, and does the material trailerable a few slip ups? I wrapped my piano gloss trim in my M3 and it was a little nerve-wracking.

Really leaning towards trying this out unless I get my car and just love the walnut. Not sure what color I'd go with.. carbon fiber look is cool but I might just opt for plain old matte black. He also had another carbon fiber with a different "weave" that looks pretty neat. Hmm.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I suppose we're technically still on topic. 😅
Took a few hours, and yes the film is pretty mailable. He’s a great resource also, will send out an extra piece if you really screw it up.

there is a forum seller who sell the entire carbon kit for under $150

With installation video

Last edited:
Reactions: SilverGS