Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber interior pieces???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are only two options as I see it - either it's wrapped in faux CF vinyl, or they took apart the interior and molded custom CF for each piece. One would probably be a few hundred, the other many many thousands of dollars. I notice the rest of the dash seems to be wrapped in alcantara too.

I'm pretty sure that's a Roadster that used to be owned by a guy here in the Seattle area. I don't know the details of the CF pieces construction, though I'm pretty sure that it's real CF. I don't remember the guy's name. Carl Medlock, @CM_007, may know more about who did the work, and/or how to contact the previous owner.

Btw, the wheels are Fikse brand, custom drilled/machined to fit the Roadster.

Update: I've sent Carl an email alerting him to this posting.

Last edited:
Btw, the wheels are Fikse brand, custom drilled/machined to fit the Roadster.
Update: I've sent Carl an email alerting him to this posting.

Curious how Carl / the owner got around the 1.5 tire rotation marriage due to the TC restrictions.... The front/rear tires appear to be the same size, 17" rims. The front is a 205/40-17 can't read what the rears are. I'd like to know how that was done :)

I really hope they plugged this poor car in after they took this pic:
2g_800.jpg

Last edited:
The parts are real, I made a few of them.

Vin 154 was reworked by a local shop. Some of which didn't make it very long, so I remade a few of them from scratch. You are looking back on this with a variety of opinions. All of this was done before Tesla offered any CCCF parts for the roadster. I made a bunch of upgrades for the roadster.
A sound reduction package that reduced the cars interior noise by 16db Most of the time when I did the package it was around 10db. I also created a door seal that keeps all of the debris from the door sill area. There were a bunch of things, I forget now the complete list
I also made a driving light set. Dave has a photo of them on his car. I'll post one here.

VIN 154 had these parts recovered in carbon fiber fabric

Door panels
Door Sills
Cluster bezel
Radio Bezel
Dash top in satin to reduce glare
LED lighting.
alcantara smothered the rest of the interior.

I won't tell you how we tricked the car into the tire swap... But I will say this, there isnt another roadster that handles like that one does. You'll lose your lunch before I lost traction.

Yes we did this in 2009.
1208723_10201182685747853_163414831_n.jpg
car-bumper.jpg
IMG_1516.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1843.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1932 - Copy.JPG
prod_auto4.jpg
Tesla.jpg
car-bumper.jpg
IMG_1516.JPG
car-bumper.jpg
IMG_1516.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1843.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1932 - Copy.JPG
prod_auto4.jpg
prod_auto4.jpg
Tesla.jpg

I am also the one that built the clear coat carbon fiber car. Enjoy the photos

The parts are real, I made a few of them.

I won't tell you how we tricked the car into the tire swap... But I will say this, there isnt another roadster that handles like that one does. You'll lose your lunch before I lost traction.

I am also the one that built the clear coat carbon fiber car. Enjoy the photos

I have a feeling the only way to get the wheels to work is to have a special adjustment to the firmware that updates to the new values other than stock. What else did you do to the Roadster that makes it handle like no other Roadster? I only see 17" front/rear mods and the rims in this area.... Did you put in the locking diff that only a few were floating around? I've put the quick ratio steering rack which is needed by far in this car, Nitron adjustable shocks, pushed out my camber maxing out the rear, put the S111 V2 arms to push more front camber, maxed out my caster on both sides, and just lately installed the S111 Spherical bearings/bushings. By far setting the camber correctly, putting in quality adjustable shocks and the Spherical bearings were the hugest improvements to make this car handle the way is should, like a supercar. But before I did the most of that I had to address the terrible braking of this car which was very high on my priorities and happy I did with the CFR 2 piece rotors and CarboTech AX6 pads. Surprised you didn't throw the big brake kit that Telsa was playing around with but never released... possibly you did.

Yes, we all love the pics! Thanks for the details.

Last edited:
I have the heavy gunmetal cast wheels on #268. I've managed to collect four 2.5 Sport Forged Roadster wheels. Simple surface scratches on two, and two I got a great deal used but are like new with tires. I have one dupe rim as a spare.... now looking for the driver's rear to complete, then will be getting them all repainted since I have a mix of black and silver. Afraid I might have to shell out the $900+ for the last one... Light wheels make a huge difference all around, they improving braking, acceleration, and responsiveness/handling from the suspension. Sure you saw / felt that when you did your wheel upgrade.

The reason 154 handled so well was the offset, we pushed the wheel as far out in the front as possible. The 1.5 cars can accept other size tire as long as you run thru the new tire adaptation process. I think we used 225 on the front. Its been a very long time since I saw that car in person.

Gotcha with the offset. I saw the following tire size in the ad for the front wheel of #154, couldn't see the rear size due to not having the tire spec in view: 205/40-17

I think you're possibly mixing up the tire adaption / learning feature of the 2.x's, the 1.5s are stuck with tires that match the same front to rear tire rotation ratio as from factory. You can go larger or smaller with the rims, front will always have to be smaller in size, and the rotation has to match almost exactly or TC errors will appear hence why I was curious how you were able to pull off 17's for both the front and rear on 154.

Gotcha with the offset. I saw the following tire size in the ad for the front wheel of #154, couldn't see the rear size due to not having the tire spec in view: 205/40-17

I think you're possibly mixing up the tire adaption / learning feature of the 2.x's, the 1.5s are stuck with tires that match the same front to rear tire rotation ratio as from factory. You can go larger or smaller with the rims, front will always have to be smaller in size, and the rotation has to match almost exactly or TC errors will appear hence why I was curious how you were able to pull off 17's for both the front and rear on 154.
Like I said its been a while. Let me dust off my memory and recall what worked. I do know we did not do any programming. Maybe it was a percentage of the rear to front that worked. It was 17 and 17 or 17 and 18... You'd think I could remember all of this but life at Tesla was going pretty fast back then.

• Funny
Reactions: wiztecy