Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber Key fob cover for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone used this?
Model S & 3 Red Carbon Carbon Fiber Key Fob Case (Only $59 with 20% discount)
upload_2019-6-26_16-27-1.png

Please share the feedback.

Another thing that you need to take into account is that the aluminum ones don't offer much in the way of shock protection. These fobs aren't cheap and if you drop them onto hard surfaces it will eventually damage them beyond the point of function.

The silicone covers protect them almost entirely so if you should happen to drop it there's quite a bit of shock protection there. Not to mention all of the surfaces touching the fob itself are going to be soft and smooth so you don't have to worry about weird wear from hard surface rubbing on hard surface.

This is similar to what comes with them from Tesla. They're low profile and nice for identifying the fobs with different colors if you have several but I still prefer the style that fully encases the fob for better protection. With the style pictured here, if you drop it, it will likely land on an edge that's unprotected and shock will eventually cause it to fail sooner than if it were fully protected. Maybe a non-issue for most who are used to replacing stuff regularly but for me I'm pretty particular about my electronics and replacing them. I hate replacing stuff that I could have done a better job protecting early on to extend it's life. IMO this is exactly what the full cover silicone version is helping to do. Obviously not dropping it ever is ideal but in the case it does happen it's better to have more coverage/protection IMO.