Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber mirror caps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have success with particular carbon fiber mirrors? I'm most interested in actual mirror cap replacements, but if there is a particular brand of mirror cap covers (the kind that stick onto the stock cap) that install well and hold up over time I would be okay using them instead

I had the same experience. Purchased the replacement mirror covers and the drivers side fit fine the passenger side was another story. Tried the tape on covers after but they eventually started peeling off. Considering having my OEM covers skinned in CF so the fitment wont be an issue.

20181130_150148.jpg
20181130_150118.jpg
20181130_150210.jpg

The reason I am on this page is my experience installing CF mirror caps on X and being disappointed after 8 months of use.
My confirmed purchase off Amazon ( https://goo.gl/E3jeC2 ) $70. I would not recommend it to anybody. It used to looks good at first, but looks agley and cheap now.
Planning on taking it off and put (maybe) CF wrap instead, if not just nothing at all. I have a positive experience on the other hand putting CF wraps on the chrome door "buttons." It looks good, durable, won't lose any quality or condition over the use. Maybe other CF caps (real CF) would work, but I am not positive to try any of it again. If anybody have an experience with a similar product that is different from mine, please share.
Mirror X (1).jpg Mirror X (2).jpg Mirror X (3).jpg