Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber rear spoiler on p85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody who ordered a P85 which comes with the rear carbon fiber spoiler as standard equipment asked them to NOT attach it when the car is delivered? Not sure if I like the look on the car, but also want to get it - as I've paid for it already. It retails for about $1500 and if I paid for it, I think I'm entitled to get it, as they will not credit me for the cost of it. Thoughts?

I was in the same situation, as im not such a high-end performance guy, and usually dont like the look of speed racer accessories.

In the end i just got lazy and just left it on, although i thought about selling the spoiler after purchase...

They are going for anywhere from $500-$800 on EBAY. Difficult to track final prices on this site.

Now that Ive had it for the past 3 months, i have to say i do like the look, as it seems to fit the form and feel.

And with more Model S's hitting the streets, it's nice to have little things that make you stand out.

Cant really say how it affects performance though... mine's just FAST!!!

Well, heard back from the Tesla store manager as well as talked to Tesla HQ - they will NOT deliver the car with the spoiler not attached. I don't understand what the issue is - I will have paid for it already if I buy the P85 (as it's included in the price) - and I stated I was willing to pay to have it attached to my car (if I decided down the road that I wanted to do that) - Frankly, I think that they are afraid that I will sell it after I receive it (and that they would lose a $1500 sale to someone). Frankly, this is the first issue I have had with Tesla in the purchase process - just disappointed that they couldn't accomodate this seemingly easy request. What they did say they could do would be to configure the car without the spoiler and if down the road I wanted it, I could pay $1,500!! I thought about having the car come in with the spoiler, and they said if I didn't like it, they could remove it - probably removing it would not be an issue, but with the paint being so new, the type of 3m adhesive they use, I didn't want my car to be the ONE that has an issue.....Again, just disappointed that they couldn't accomodate a n easy request on a $100k+ car purchase....

This has been discussed before and the answer was the same. Get it with the spoiler on, and take it off later if you don't care for it. I took delivery of mine with the spoiler. I planned to remove it, but it's growing on me. My wife initially pointed to it and said "that's an interesting choice." Even she's warming up to it. It's a pretty minor thing. I can understand Tesla's policy, honestly. When I chose black calipers, I didn't ask for some red paint. If I opted out of the Alacantra headliner, I wouldn't want a sheet of that. I realize it's not precisely the same thing, but you get the idea.