Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a decade of research, design, testing and perfecting, ESE Carbon is excited to announce that the FIRST and ONLY fully carbon fiber wheels for Tesla Model S and Model 3 are now shipping! ONLY 17 LBS, our E2 carbon fiber wheels are currently available in 19x8.5 with additional sizes and designs coming later this year.

ESE_2022_New Wheel_2.jpeg

The Specs
  • 19 x 8.5 available now (fits Model S and Model 3)
  • Plaid options coming soon
  • Wheel Offset: ET-35
  • Bolt Pattern: 5 x 120 or 5 x 114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1
wheel.jpg

Lightweight
  • Only 17 pounds
  • Up to 45% weight reduction per wheel
Sophisticated
  • Bespoke wheels have perfectly woven carbon fibers
  • Hand layup and TFP carbon fiber placement
  • Clear gloss coated and UV resistant
Durable
  • Road tested
  • Radial (pothole) & lateral (curb) impact tested
  • Cold impact tested
  • Meets or exceeds SAE standards for alloy wheels
  • Get the full report here
Picture1.png

Increased Range & Efficiency
  • Lowered rotational inertia
  • Average 45% weight reduction per wheel
  • Decreased watt-hours per mile (Wh/mi)
Performance
  • 5.3% faster lap time
  • 3.6% shorter braking distance

Tesla_High Res.jpg

Click here if you’re interested in ordering E2 carbon fiber wheels now.

Interested in wheels for your Plaid? Contact us to get on our waitlist.

Additional questions? Check our FAQs: FAQs - ESE Carbon

Interested in setting up a group buy? Contact Mike at ESE

Proudly designed & made in the U.S.A. 🇺🇸

Almost 2k per wheel bahaha
Thanks for the feedback @WhiteWi . Carbon fiber wheels won't be for everyone, just like high-end aluminum, 3-piece or magnesium wheels aren't. Not only are they visually striking, but at just 17 pounds each, they represent a weight savings of up to 40% versus their OEM counterparts. There are those owners though that are "driven" by aesthetics, light-weighting or who simply have to own the only one-piece carbon fiber wheels available to the aftermarket. All the best - we're excited to be a part of the TMC community!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback @WhiteWi . Carbon fiber wheels won't be for everyone, just like high-end aluminum, 3-piece or magnesium wheels aren't. Not only are they visually striking, but at just 17 pounds each, they represent a weight savings of up to 40% versus than their OEM counterparts. There are those owners though, that are "driven" by aesthetics, light-weighting or that will simply have to own the only one-piece carbon fiber wheels available to the aftermarket. All the best - We're excited to be a part of the TMC community!
Good luck! Just a reminder Tesla Model 3 is not a Ferrari. So maybe price it accordingly? Just a thought.

Good luck! Just a reminder Tesla Model 3 is not a Ferrari. So maybe price it accordingly? Just a thought.
What are you talking about? These are priced accordingly compared to other carbon wheels on the market. Carbon revolution wheel option on a mustang was $10000 and on a Porsche 911 it’s $15000. They’re priced reasonably for carbon fiber wheels.

There are plenty of other cheaper aluminium options available if you don’t want this but this is obviously the high end option.

Almost 2k per wheel bahaha
Thanks for the feedback @WhiteWi. Carbon fiber wheels won't be for everyone, just like high-end aluminum, 3-piece or magnesium wheels aren't. Not only are they visually striking, but at just 17 pounds each, they represent a weight savings of up to 40% versus their OEM counterparts. There are those owners though, that are "driven" by aesthetics, light-weighting or that will simply must have the only one-piece carbon fiber wheels available to the aftermarket.
When will other size wheels be available

When will other size wheels be available
@Wendy.ting What size are you looking for? There's a possibility with group orders that we can make new sizes available within 6 months.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Agreed. This is priced accordingly.

Waiting fitment for other cars though, hopefully 19x9 and 19x10 at around 17lbs also.
Considering my other car's 19" wheel is at 24lbs each, i would really feel the difference with these on.

I like the weight savings of CF rims. Unfortunately I'd never buy these for street use again. I've used CF rims on high performance motorcycles and when they fail, they do catastrophically. I have personally experienced that once. While CF is incredibly strong and light, it doesn't deform until at actually breaks the fiber. Once the resin and bond with the fiber is compromised, the wheel is toast, and can take you with it.

Some additional context, ever wonder whey almost all police cars in the US use steel wheels? They can deform and still maintain a lot of integrity. Hit a curb, usually no biggie. Some light reading before you decide to run CF wheels on the street. Everything is fine until it isn't. While it is in on a motorcycle, it applies to cars too.

Anyway, not to be a buzz kill, but I'd think of CF wheels as a consumable thing like tires. Inspect every day and replace as needed. On a side note, if these wheel are truly high quality, it's an amazing price for them.

I like the weight savings of CF rims. Unfortunately I'd never buy these for street use again. I've used CF rims on high performance motorcycles and when they fail, they do catastrophically. I have personally experienced that once. While CF is incredibly strong and light, it doesn't deform until at actually breaks the fiber. Once the resin and bond with the fiber is compromised, the wheel is toast, and can take you with it.

Some additional context, ever wonder whey almost all police cars in the US use steel wheels? They can deform and still maintain a lot of integrity. Hit a curb, usually no biggie. Some light reading before you decide to run CF wheels on the street. Everything is fine until it isn't. While it is in on a motorcycle, it applies to cars too.

Anyway, not to be a buzz kill, but I'd think of CF wheels as a consumable thing like tires. Inspect every day and replace as needed. On a side note, if these wheel are truly high quality, it's an amazing price for them.
@DayTrippin , you're not a buzz kill at all! We understand your concerns around durability and failure and this is something ESE Carbon has definitely addressed. Safety is our #1 priority. We have extensively engineered and tested the E2 wheels before bringing them to market, putting in over a decade of research and engineering to get the E2s to this point. A few things to note:
  • These are highly engineered, high-quality wheels that have been subjected to extensive laboratory testing per SAE J3204 standards and our own proving ground testing. You can read more about it here or download the full Impact Testing Report here.
  • E2s pass the SAE J175 lateral “curb” impact test at a heavy sedan load rating, which means they do not experience a catastrophic failure even when simulating an event (accident) that would make the wheel (or any comparable aluminum or steel wheel) unserviceable.

@DayTrippin , you're not a buzz kill at all! We understand your concerns around durability and failure and this is something ESE Carbon has definitely addressed. Safety is our #1 priority. We have extensively engineered and tested the E2 wheels before bringing them to market, putting in over a decade of research and engineering to get the E2s to this point. A few things to note:
  • These are highly engineered, high-quality wheels that have been subjected to extensive laboratory testing per SAE J3204 standards and our own proving ground testing. You can read more about it here or download the full Impact Testing Report here.
  • E2s pass the SAE J175 lateral “curb” impact test at a heavy sedan load rating, which means they do not experience a catastrophic failure even when simulating an event (accident) that would make the wheel (or any comparable aluminum or steel wheel) unserviceable.
Maybe you guys could do a giveaway on a set via competition