Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just replied. Thank you.

Just ordered the Michelin PSS's today at Costco - total was $1600 here are the part numbers for the 255/40/20's. They will be here Monday - already got the TPMS's and lug nuts on standby... this is killing me........

Costco Michelin PSS stock numbers.jpeg

Thank you sir. My daughter just did early admission to Longwood University - about half way to Wake Forest. Now I just need to get her through senior year!!

Also we need to confirm no lug nut spec change with the new wheels

Tesla spec is 175N.m. (129 lb/ft)

Last edited:
Thank you sir. My daughter just did early admission to Longwood University - about half way to Wake Forest. Now I just need to get her through senior year!!

I know Longwood well -- it was a client many years ago. The president is the son of Taylor Reveley III, the President of William & Mary, also a past client. Don't know the son but the father is one of the best university presidents in the country. But enough off-topic stuff:)

Hello All,

As delivery dates get closer and anticipation grows, we have decided to add an additional method of communication for our customers, allowing us to easily give you company updates, and to answer any questions you may have.

With this in mind, here is the latest news from our factory:

· Our engineering staff has put our wheels through rigorous in-house structural testing. The first round of testing surpassed the necessary wheel standards to be road-safe. However, we have decided to take things a few steps further. Our engineers identified opportunities to further optimize the carbon fiber ply placements to further strengthen the wheels without adding any additional weight. Our goal is to deliver wheels with the highest strength to weight ratio of any wheel currently available in the market – An 11lb wheel that is SAE tested to the 3,850lb maximum axle load rating of a Telsa Model X!

· We are already manufacturing wheels with the updated carbon fiber ply placement. We will then send wheels to an independent lab to carry out the SAE testing and confirm the 3,850lb maximum axle load rating of our wheels.

· Our factory continues to grow, just this week we added two more employees to make wheels. We are consistently manufacturing wheels, and new tool sizes for the various orders that are being made every week. Several wheels are now being post-processed, hub placement, clear coated, etc. Photos coming soon!

· Specific wheel orders will be packaged, ready for shipment when we get final lab confirmation. Costumers that have ordered just one wheel (that will not be placed on a car) will be receiving their orders first. All wheels intended for use on cars will not ship until independent lab results are received.

· We expect deliveries to begin during August and ramp up during the month of September. As I get more information on your specific orders, I will be contacting you directly.

In other news at ESE, due to the high demand of our E1 wheel we will soon be increasing its sale price. Our post launch price will still beat our competitor by a nice amount, and be unbeatable value considering our premium wheels are made to the highest standards of quality and have the highest strength to weight of any wheel. We will formally announce the price increase on our website, due to take effect after deliveries begin.

We are also re-launching our ESE Carbon website. It should be up and running within the next month or so, so keep an eye out for our new look!

Regarding the Tesla Motors Club forum, I will do my best to respond promptly to any inquiries and as always, I may be reached directly by email or phone. Thank you all for your patience, enthusiasm and involvement during our E1 Series carbon fiber composite wheel release!

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
All wheels intended for use on cars will not ship until independent lab results are received.
So no wheels? I don't have a horse in this race, but if I did, I'd just walk it back to the stables and wait for the next race.

I've followed the thread like many, but if the wheels are done, wouldn't it make sense to allocate all of them for drivers? Selling 4 of something per order seems more efficient and profitable. Also, who is to say that the singles won't be shod and eventually put on car? Who wants that liability?

I'm sad for those who have their orders in. I hope they eventually get quality CF wheels soon.

So no wheels? I don't have a horse in this race, but if I did, I'd just walk it back to the stables and wait for the next race.

I've followed the thread like many, but if the wheels are done, wouldn't it make sense to allocate all of them for drivers? Selling 4 of something per order seems more efficient and profitable. Also, who is to say that the singles won't be shod and eventually put on car? Who wants that liability?

I'm sad for those who have their orders in. I hope they eventually get quality CF wheels soon.
That not quite how I read it. It looks to me like they aren't allowed to sell rims for car use until safety testing is complete. I assume anyone wanting individual wheels either wants to test themselves or they are a marketing display.

That not quite how I read it. It looks to me like they aren't allowed to sell rims for car use until safety testing is complete. I assume anyone wanting individual wheels either wants to test themselves or they are a marketing display.

That's the way I see it as well. As one with rims on order, I'd prefer to wait for the independent lab tests --safety first, especially with a new carbon fiber wheel technology and a very heavy car.

And I don' t think there are many customers who have ordered just one wheel -- in fact I know of only one such customer. I estimate that the independent lab tests should't take more than a week and I'll receive my rims the 2nd week of August. I think that's a reasonable expectation given all the delays we've endured. But fingers crossed.

Last edited:
That's the way I see it as well. As one with rims on order, I'd prefer to wait for the independent lab tests --safety first, especially with a new carbon fiber wheel technology and a very heavy car.

And I don' t think there are many customers who have ordered just one wheel -- in fact I know of only one such customer. I estimate that the independent lab tests should't take more than a week and I'll receive my rims the 2nd week of August. I think that's a reasonable expectation given all the delays we've endured. But fingers crossed.
I should have added, "I hope I am wrong."

It's just that the Carbon Fiber thread has been a saga, more so for those who are waiting...... It's tough to read about independent testing (which I am all for) but it provides a very large out. Then the talk about mid August...ramping up in September. I hope all true and they get out the door, as I want the saga to end and road tests and performance gains to be reported, and contested, and contested.

Yeah, that's what I want.

I love it. I was the first Tesla order and I stressed to Victor and the team my top request was quality and safety. I am very pleased and love the new direct communication on this forum.

I also love that they are raising their price for very selfish reasons. Send me pics when the product is done and in a shipping box with a tracking number.