Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like another player coming on the scene for carbon fiber wheels.

Carbon Automotive – Carbon Fiber Wheels
Those look mighty sexy I must say. Frankly I didn't think carbon rims with intricate spokes were even possible. From what I recall, every carbon wheel I've seen has a flattened tubular/squarish look to the spokes. I thought this had to do with production process and was unavoidable in order to make a strong wheel.

Last edited:
Looks like another player coming on the scene for carbon fiber wheels.

Carbon Automotive – Carbon Fiber Wheels

Oh the hype!

They're been manufacturing hollow spoke carbon composite wheels for over a decade? Then why haven't we seen them, why don't they have any for sale now, and why doesn't a search for carbon wheels reveal anything like they claim? Maybe they manufactured them for bicycles:) The man from the behind the curtain for sure, but a poor play on the Wizard of OZ.

I agree it's a great design, at least from the angle shown in that one not-so-good-photo covered by text. But the claims make me very suspicious. Where's the proof? That was a fair question for ESE and it should be a fair question for them.

Their website is barely 24 hours old
Domain Name: carbon-automotive.com
Registry Domain ID: 2038480882_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: Domain Names | The World's Largest Domain Name Registrar - GoDaddy
Update Date: 2016-06-29T19:37:34Z
Creation Date: 2016-06-29T19:37:34Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-06-29T19:37:34Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID: Not Available From Registry
Admin Name: Registration Private
Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Admin Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Admin City: Scottsdale
Admin State/Province: Arizona
Admin Postal Code: 85260
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.4806242599
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.4806242598
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID: Not Available From Registry
Tech Name: Registration Private
Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Tech Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Tech City: Scottsdale
Tech State/Province: Arizona
Tech Postal Code: 85260
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.4806242599
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.4806242598
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2016-08-01T16:00:00Z <<<

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
So they are claiming to be the manufacturer of wheels on the VUHL 05RR, which is pictured on their homepage?

2016-Vuhl-05RR-Details-8-1440x900.jpg

vuhl-05rr-8_1600x0w.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: mdevp
BLACKSTONE TEK owns the domain name carbon-automotive.com and manufactured the wheels used on the VUHL 05RRultra. They have been making carbon fiber wheels for motorcycles for years.

BST CARS

BST – WHAT WE DO > BST CARS

I BST Motorcycles I BST Engineering I BST Galleries I BST FAQ I

The VUHL 05RRultra with lightweight BST Carbon Fibre Wheels
BST – 05RR WORLD DEBUT AT 2016 GOODWOOD FOS

vuhl.jpg

The VUHL 05RR, Mexico’s most exhilarating export and precision-engineered lightweight supercar,
takes to Lord March’s drive this weekend to make its world debut.

The previous incarnation of the 05 wowed the crowds at the Festival of Speed two years ago with F1 racer Esteban Gutierrez at the wheel. With BST fittings and our brand new carbon fiber rims specifically built for this supercar giving him reduced weight and 25 percent more power under his right foot, British GP2 challenger and Manor Racing F1 reserve driver Jordan King plans to go even faster on Friday.

VUHL will be starring in Goodwood’s Michelin Supercar Paddock, parked on the phenomenal Michelin Cup 2 tyres that wrap its ultra-lightweight BST Carbon Fibre Wheels. Between them and the 05RR’s revised aero package, which includes a full-width rear wing and F1-inspired diffuser strakes, following extensive wind tunnel development at MIRA, by Collins LTD. Road-registered but track-focused, the VUHL 05RR comes with full carbon fibre bodywork and a hybrid aluminium-carbon monocoque to trim its already low weight by over 10 percent to 640kg dry. Its highly efficient 2.3l Ecoboost engine, with 6-speed sequential gearbox, produces 385 horsepower, marking a gain of 100bhp over the original VUHL 05. The resulting 600bhp-per-tonne statistic is greater than the Ferrari F12 tdf, McLaren P1 and Bugatti Veyron.

Zero to 62mph arrives in 2.7 seconds and it keeps climbing to 160mph. A lowered centre of gravity of 50mm and high speed steering rack result in the ultimate race car for the road.

Jordan King said: “There’s usually a big difference between what people consider a supercar and what is a proper racing car. I’m really excited to drive the Vuhl 05RR because it has the perfect recipe: lightweight to the core, huge power-to-weight, and it looks incredible. Goodwood is going to be a tonne of fun.”

Iker Echeverria, VUHL Technical Director: “The Goodwood Festival of Speed is a Mecca for performance car aficionados and the perfect place to reveal the stunning new 05RR. We’ve upgraded this car in every area to make it faster, more engaging and more aggressive.”

VUHL cars are sold in the UK through Bespoke Performance based in Ware, Hertfordshire. They will be supporting VUHL at Goodwood and welcoming visitors across all four days of the 2016 Festival of Speed.

BLACKSTONE TEK HOME I WHAT WE DO I BST TEAM I CONTACT

Posted in BST Product, EventsTagged Carbon carEdit

Last edited:
So..........how many bucks is 70 squid o_O and are we all getting one these sick little toys and starting a Tesla/VUHL 055R club and towing these around with our Ses and Xes??

It has a 1000% more styling than that Ariel Atom 'thing' IMO.

However, I refuse to run in the same heat as champ (I have seen his CRAAZY vid)! :)

Last edited:
So..........how many bucks is 70 squid o_O and are we all getting one these sick little toys and starting a Tesla/VUHL 055R club and towing these around with our Ses and Xes??

It has a 1000% more styling than that Ariel Atom 'thing' IMO.

However, I refuse to run in the same heat as champ (I have seen his CRAAZY vid)! :)
Where is the video. Would love to check it out. Squid = quid or British pounds sterling or about $93k

That is true on both accounts. I did the regional stuff on a Yamaha FZR 400 then moved up to FZR600, but never professionally and like you found that the leathers barely keep it all in one bag when you have an accident.

Now I just trail ride - and I'm happy with that.

I've done that on the dirt too many times. No interest being on the pavement, or dirt any longer. The memory of the dry lake beds cracks scraping by my face shield, while my ankle was being flopped back and forth are still fresh some 30 odd years later, and I still had to ride 15 miles back to camp before I could pass out.

Fun times!

Flat,
Yep.
Got married a few weeks later with a cracked bone in my right hand. Not being able to shake hands really pleased my new wife (not) :)
Also, the evening of that little pavement episode was the first time putting my foot on the floor did not stop the bed from spinning.

I made more mistakes in cars in the first six months then I had made on bikes in six years. There is just so much more room to lean with cars.

Talked to Victor today made some changes to my order and was told internal testing has been completed and independent testing is also completed just awaiting results then shipments will start... told him I can't wait to see some pictures ... what did you guys order matte or glossy wheels?