Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually - With Light Harmonic I have been pleased with the non-BETA version of the 1200 AMP. They early AMPs had a bad component that would fail over time, but the new AMP is rock solid. At least they are shipping a product - unfortunately ESE Carbon, can't send BETA wheels or you end up with this... I'm glad they are SAE testing for 2 years or 3 years or infinity....

Last edited:
Still taking orders and after more than a year no wheel deliveries. This is one helluva a way to run a business. One might conclude that in that regard these people are totally incompetent.
That's just so horrible ! In fact . . . . it reminds me of waiting for our X production. Oh, Well . . . not THAT bad.
:D
What the heck !?!?
In this video he says the cracking happened due to stress from (non-OEM) chrome plating? Anyone ever heard of such a thing? Maybe heat process (annealed?) of chrome? Several Ebay sources sell OEM wheels that have been plated (looks nice!) and thinking this is safe - one might consider actually buying/trading a set for these.

s-l1600.jpg

Maybe not - now.
Might just go with the cheezy chrome wrap technique, if one wants to go with this look

Last edited:
Looks like Carbon Revolution dropped their price from $15K to $11,850.

Inautonews - Carbon fiber wheels’ prices go down to affordable car level

I still won't get the CR's at that price would still go with forged aluminum with small weight delta.

Once they are down around $1.5K each these will be worth it and they will compete with the forged.

ESE's future product is supposed to be lighter... 11 pounds verses Carbon Rev's at 15.2 pounds. Just have to see what they brew up this year with their magic resins.

Last edited:
They would, keeping my fingers crossed they get it figured out.

I have to applaud your optimism about ESE. There still appear to be no real ESE wheels beyond the photoshopped pics on the ESE web site and a nearly two years has gone by since your first post and more nearly a year and a half since your purchase.

I hope your patience is rewarded with real ESE wheels soon.

Reactions: MikeBur and Cowby
I have to applaud your optimism about ESE. There still appear to be no real ESE wheels beyond the photoshopped pics on the ESE web site and a nearly two years has gone by since your first post and more nearly a year and a half since your purchase.

I hope your patience is rewarded with real ESE wheels soon.

I stand by my original assessment: the WORST thing that could happen to you is these clueless jokers actually build wheels and you drive on them.

I have kept an open dialog with them. Not posting everything here, but I have confidence they are going through the right processes. When building something disruptive stuff doesn't always go the way you plan even with Finite Element Analysis software assisting. Also they are way beyond photoshop. Recommend you look at their videos on Facebook from the SEMA show. You don't send six people, products and a booth to a trade show if you have nothing to show, especially to SEMA.

Based on the delay we have to assume testing don't go so well. So back to the drawing board to resolve whatever they discovered.

IMG_0378.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
I have confidence they are going through the right processes. When building something disruptive stuff doesn't always go the way you plan even with Finite Element Analysis software assisting

Based on the delay we have to assume testing don't go so well. So back to the drawing board to resolve whatever they discovered.

There was sufficient evidence from SEMA to show the have ZERO idea what they are doing. Did you see their lug / hub area "design"?

I'm not sure if you have any background / expertise that applies here, but honestly, I would suggest you probably aren't in a position to make the conclusions you have stated above. No shame intended, as I bet you're not as far out of your depth as they are!

I assure you, the "right process" does not involve claiming "the world's lightest wheel" and taking deposits while you learn some beginner structural design lessons the hard way. (No matter how many times Elon & Tesla does it :oops:)

Hurry guys! Not much time left to get in on the "break" the record pricing. :rolleyes:

Is it unethical to take orders when you don't have a product to deliver? I think so. Scam artists do that kind of thing.

ESE prices are now up to $12,000 a set and it appears there are still no real wheels on real cars -- all of the photshopped images on their web site give a very different (and I would argue, dishonest) impression.

Reactions: Tech_Guy