Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to Victor today made some changes to my order and was told internal testing has been completed and independent testing is also completed just awaiting results then shipments will start... told him I can't wait to see some pictures ... what did you guys order matte or glossy wheels?

Thanks for the update. Gloss here.made an appt. on August 18 for mounting new tires on the ESE rims and the rims on my car
Talked to Victor today made some changes to my order and was told internal testing has been completed and independent testing is also completed just awaiting results then shipments will start... told him I can't wait to see some pictures ... what did you guys order matte or glossy wheels?

Thanks for the update! Gloss here.

Also, I made an appointment for August 18 with a local shop to have tires installed on the ESE rims and the rims mounted on my car. I may be an optimist but your post give me hope that I'll have the rims in time.

Reactions: Tech_Guy
I went with Gloss also. Originally ordered matte on the barrels and gloss on the exterior them changed to all gloss.

Tires and TPMS staged. Just waiting on wheels

I ordered matte to match the interior and exterior carbon on the car already but it would be nice to see a picture of both.... asked victor for one today and he said they should have some sample shots soon / before shipment to help me make my final decision...

Did you order your lugs yet? Also who did you get your extra TPMS from? Tesla?? cost?

Another thought, after these wheels are installed its my understanding that Tesla won't touch the wheels at a service appointment or annual service because they are aftermarket, is that correct? For example, how they would check or replace the brakes would I need to swap back to Tesla rims before service etc?

I ordered matte to match the interior and exterior carbon on the car already but it would be nice to see a picture of both.... asked victor for one today and he said they should have some sample shots soon / before shipment to help me make my final decision...

Did you order your lugs yet? Also who did you get your extra TPMS from? Tesla?? cost?

Another thought, after these wheels are installed its my understanding that Tesla won't touch the wheels at a service appointment or annual service because they are aftermarket, is that correct? For example, how they would check or replace the brakes would I need to swap back to Tesla rims before service etc?

That's not been my experience at the Rockville SC, but it may vary by SC.

• Informative
I had to sign a waiver for tire installs with just PVD Black Chrome on stock wheels. I think the Tesla service prohibition is just for Tire/wheel mount and balance of non-stock wheels. Tysons will not touch aftermarket wheels for tire service, but will remove them from the vehicle for other services.

I use Costco anyway as they have an awesome road hazard warranty and their prices crush pretty much anybody.

TPMS - got them from Tesla service (I can't remember the price maybe ~$50 each - it was months ago when I thought I would get the wheels back in April)

I already got lug nuts - see way back in the post.....start here for options: Carbon Fiber Rims

I went with PexAlloy lug nuts from Track-studs.com - Carbon Fiber Rims

• Informative
looking forward for a review of the wheels on a tesla in insane/ludicrus mode.
I would like to hear about:
1. energy consumption on flat road eg. at 40,60 and maybe 80 mph.
2. handling while turning
3. handling on paved roads
4. acceleration time 0-60 from standstil.

to make such a review one have to have a baseline - is there anyone of the current cf rim orders wich have made som energy / acceleration measurments ? (with original rims on)

i havent yet upgraded my p85d to ludicrus, maybe I should order a set of rim instead

looking forward for a review of the wheels on a tesla in insane/ludicrus mode.
I would like to hear about:
1. energy consumption on flat road eg. at 40,60 and maybe 80 mph.
2. handling while turning
3. handling on paved roads
4. acceleration time 0-60 from standstil.

to make such a review one have to have a baseline - is there anyone of the current cf rim orders wich have made som energy / acceleration measurments ? (with original rims on)

i havent yet upgraded my p85d to ludicrus, maybe I should order a set of rim instead

I'm waiting on the ESE rims and I plan to take some baseline measurements with my 20" aluminum wheels on the car. Will post results when I have them.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I'm with bhzmark and doctorJJ here. Why make a bunch of wheels and then send one off to certification? Wouldn't you want to get all your certs done before making a large quantity of rims? I doubt they have the capital to redo bunch of wheels should the testing reveal any structural issues.

Why are there no pictures on social media? It's their baby, yet no recent pictures to show off what the final product would like? No pictures of matte vs gloss clear coat?

I applaud everyone here for being early risk takers, but I'm still a skeptic.

Reactions: ShadowR55
I think you are misunderstanding what they are doing. They shipped ALL of the rims to have them tested and scanned. If carbon fiber has air pockets in the product it weakens the structural integrity and would not meet the specs that they advertise.

They are testing them to EXCEED the SAE J328-201603 specification for Aluminum wheels. J328: Wheels - Passenger Car and Light Truck Performance Requirements and Test Procedures - SAE International

Basically all they have to do is beat the specs for the HEAVY Mexican made aluminum rims we are all running on today (not a very high bar as aluminum cracks very easily). Most forged aluminum wheels can only handle 2200 lbs, if they beat that spec they are fine.

Superior Industries make the current wheels for Tesla and a lot of other OEMs. Learn about custom aluminum wheel manufacturing from Superior Industries see logo at bottom of page on their website. BMW, FCA Ford, GM, Mazda, Nissan & Subaru.

They are the Walmart of Aluminum Wheel Manufacturer operating five manufacturing facilities employing approximately 3,300 people in the United States and Mexico.

I'm pretty sure if they are using Carbon Fiber Road Wheels on a 20 ton Armored Infantry Combat Vehicle they will have no issues with my 2.5 ton Tesla.

This paper illustrates the developmental methodology of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) Road wheel for 20 ton class of tracked vehicle. The Composite Road wheel was tested on the test rig which simulated all the loading conditions of the ICV (Infantry Combat Vehicle) Design and Development of Composite Road Wheel for Tracked Vehicles

Last edited:
Yes, apparently people are still waiting on wheels promised in April...

Charged the full amount rather than deposit (mistakenly!?)...

The wheels are finished, but no pics...

You can't visit, because the process is secret...

You can order any size, any offset...

Have you considered the possibility that this is a scam? Or more likely, it started off well-intentioned by some people that were in WAY over their heads, and at this point, there are no wheels...and the money is long gone? I hope to be proven wrong.

You guys sure don't scare easily!

I paid with a credit card - if I want my money back I can get it.

Also I could use an old line that my father in law used on me when I asked to marry his daughter many years ago.

His response was that he had three very good friends, Nuncio, Lorenzini & Szell. He went on to tell me that I should take good care of his daughter and if I didn't he would call his three friends. I asked him if they were a law firm and he said no - Nunzio specializes in kneecaps and Lorenzini does faces and Szell specializes in dental work (see the Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman to understand).

To this day I never knew if he was kidding or not. But I do remain happily married 22 years later and think of that line and smile every time I remember my now departed father in law. I plan to use the same line with my future son in law.

Sometimes you have to trust people who are innovators - we used to do that in America - why now have we breed a whole generation of people are afraid of taking chances?

If I have to wait until next April - I don't really care - I have wheels on my car now and spares wheels as well. When they finally do arrive I will have the best car on the planet with the best wheels on the planet with the only wheels that can actually increase the performance of an already amazing machine - that will become even more amazing (quieter, faster, more efficient). I will be the first true 10 second quarter mile Tesla.... true? I'm willing to pay to find out..

Last edited:
I paid with a credit card - if I want my money back I can get it.

Also I could use an old line that my father in law used on me when I asked to marry his daughter many years ago.

His response was that he had three very good friends, Nuncio, Lorenzini & Szell. He went on to tell me that I should take good care of his daughter and if I didn't he would call his three friends. I asked him if they were a law firm and he said no - Nunzio specializes in kneecaps and Lorenzini does faces and Szell specializes in dental work (see the Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman to understand).

To this day I never knew if he was kidding or not. But I do remain happily married 22 years later and think of that line and smile every time I remember my now departed father in law. I plan to use the same line with my future son in law.

Sometimes you have to trust people who are innovators - we used to do that in America - why now have we breed a whole generation of people are afraid of taking chances?

If I have to wait until next April - I don't really care - I have wheels on my car now and spares wheels as well. When they finally do arrive I will have the best car on the planet with the best wheels on the planet with the only wheels that can actually increase the performance of an already amazing machine - that will become even more amazing (quieter, faster, more efficient). I will be the first true 10 second quarter mile Tesla.... true? I'm willing to pay to find out..

Good story, and I honestly hope you are right. That weight savings would be awesome!

Victor called me as well. We discussed the delivery schedule for my wheels. We should see the them soon. ESE's plan is to ship on 8/19.
That's great news!! Didn't want to get everyone's hopes up but when I spoke to Victor last week to change my order slightly to the 20x9 wheels all around vs the staggered fitment he said I would possibly have rims as well by end of month!! I'd told him that I would like to see some pictures of matte and glossy side by side to help me choose, he said I'd have some pictures to help my decision soon... The matte or glossy finish is one of the last production steps so I could still change my mind without issue, I'm still leaning towards matte to match the spoiler and interior of the car...