Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not only are these far better looking but they don't look like they'll pop off the hub with high torque.

I was just about to put in an order for those for my GT-R....

but they don't seem to take advantage of what CF is good for that is strength and light weight. While Carbon Rev uses a "proprietary" method to make their wheels they don't use an autoclave so its not a light dry CF piece. They have to use more resin to achieve the same thing and hence a wheel weight around 22lbs for 20x10 wheels (I can get a forged aluminum wheel around that weight!). Its true that the stiffness allows a different ride quality than metal, but I am looking for weight savings and less unsprung weight in my race car.

The same 20x10 in a dry CF piece should be around 10-12lbs.
also with an autoclaved piece, they are more heat tolerant and don't need the ceramic barrel coating like the Carbon Rev ones.

Looks like China is getting interested in production... of these:

$920 to $1350 per wheel!

HTB10bRmJVXXXXXuXXXXq6xXFXXXl.jpg

Reactions: Tech_Guy
Good Evening and thank you for being so patient during this inconvenient backorder. ESE Carbon Company is in completely good standings. This type of delay is not uncommon in business where estimated delivery dates may be misunderstood. I personally take full responsibility for not being more attentive and connected to you throughout this process.

Our priority is to deliver your E1 carbon fiber wheels and ensure your safety. Our goal is also to guarantee your satisfaction, maybe even after this timely backorder. I have said this before, but pending SAE independent lab certification for the world's lightest and strongest carbon fiber wheels, shipping will immediately commence.

The NGAP manufacturing process, although extremely efficient, has its chemistry and engineering. We are just around the corner and we hope you are ready to roll!

Thank you again for your comments and sincere suggestions. I look forward to speaking to you very soon. For those who haven't ordered, ASK ABOUT THE "BREAK THE RECORD" EVENT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Last edited by a moderator:
You really just came into a thread that initially claimed you would deliver CF wheels in January...OF 2016!...and stated you will be delivering soon!?

Unbelievable. I can only guess you are here because you are out of money, and getting hungry. Good.

'Break the record' special. Lol

Last edited:
You really just came into a thread that initially claimed you would deliver CF wheels in January...OF 2016!...and stated you will be delivering soon!?

Unbelievable. I can only guess you are here because you are out of money, and getting hungry. Good.

'Break the record' special. Lol

I understand completely how you may feel, and as a matter of fact I agree with you. We are hungry, for progress, for forward movement and we can't wait to share the success with those involved. Thank you so much for your feedback.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Still waiting on my confirmation email with four Fedex Tracking #'s..;)

Subject: Order Confirmation #14529076598573
Date: January 15, 2016 at 8:27:39 PM EST
To: Xenoilphobe

Order Confirmation

Thank you for shopping with us! We will send you a confirmation email when your products ship.

Order Details
Order #14529076598573

img_prod.jpg
logo_E1_cart.png
Estimated delivery date 2016-4-15
  • Diameter: 20"
  • Width: 9"
  • Offset: 35mm mm
  • Bolt Pattern: 5x120
  • Center Bore: 64.1
  • QTY: 4
  • Price: $2,000.00