Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
now insufficient width :)
Yeah, I'm running on 19 X 9's full forged Titan7's on my P85+ with Pilot Sport A/A 3+, which is about ~9 lbs lighter than stock per corner or ~36 lbs of rotational mass. Losing another ~4 pounds per corner isn't going to really be noticeable cause I don't track this car, but losing ~52 lbs of rotational mass from stock is a pretty big deal. I'm not sure the CF wheels are going to make any difference, except maybe in the NVH department. The Titan7's lightened up the steering and just look a lot better than the stock wheels. I'm not upgrading my S until the next generation batteries go in the performance S, so 19 X 8.5 is ok...

Last edited:
Reactions: RabidYak
You'd think that at the very least they'd be required to honor the original prices for deposit holders here.

I'm also surprised they didn't bump this thread themselves.
We appreciate all our OG supporters and would be happy to honor the original price if you were a deposit holder. Please reach out to me directly if you’re interested in ordering at [email protected]

Reactions: RabidYak and sorka
We apologize for the delay and understand some of you have been waiting a long time for carbon fiber wheels. Please know that our team has been working tirelessly to get the E2 wheel to market. Design and testing is a long process, but safety has been and will always will be our first priority. Even with the delay, the E2 is still the first one-piece carbon fiber aftermarket wheel available in the U.S. And we are working to bring additional sizes and designs to market as soon as possible! We share your passion for performance and innovation. Our goal is to make wheels that people love to drive on. We are proud to be a TMC vendor and appreciate everyone’s input and feedback as we keep the carbon fiber conversation going.

Reactions: RabidYak
I ordered in 2016.... they offered a factory delivery this summer... I'll let you know how it plays out
Your E2 wheels are ready for you, let us know when you are ready for them!
😉

Personally not a fan of those e2 designs, but the quality looks great.

Those e3's you linked look amazing!
You know I was nervous about getting them too, but damn they are a piece of art. They are feather light, but have a rigidity that doesn't seem natural for their weight. I can't wait to get them installed and feel the NVH reduction and see them actually mounted on the car. I have an appointment with a Hunter Revolution tire mounting system for the 3rd and can't wait... hopefully can post by Independence Day.

I love the E3's.... the E2's bring the old Volk Racing TE37 (Mackin Industries) forged design... but the E3's are a different animal....

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam1 and RabidYak
Got them installed late this afternoon, by the time I got home it was dark...

The ride is buttery smooth, noise is significantly reduced and steering is much lighter. Will post more this weekend once I get to drive it some more. The NVH is definitely at a lower amplitude, but that could also be impacted by the new PIRELLI P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS ELECT, too hard to tell at this point.

Last edited: