Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber spoiler/rear badging del'd later

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine stated clearly on the configurator that spoiler and badge would be delivered later. Also, owner advisor in the Tesla showroom made sure to communicate this when I test drove— that only the ones in the showrooms had the badge and spoiler. Expected delivery was quoted as October 2018, but Tesla quoted dates aren’t really worth much to me.

I’m guessing they just have a huge manufacturing lead time for getting it done cheaply so they can maximize margins and profit at the volumes they predicted for the P3D+.

With such a high sticker price, they knew that the $7,500 federal tax incentive going away would get a lot of people to order for pre 12/31 delivery.

I've so far asked every Ranger and SC EE for ETA on the spoiler and received varying answers. Well, today I spotted M3P+ in their Burbank staging lot with a factory carbon fiber spoiler and Dual Motor badge (photos attached). A Ranger happened by and we talked about spoilers but he still has not seen spoilers arrive at the SCs, let alone installed one. BTW, Burbank has LOTS of new and trade-in Teslas.
IMG_4046.JPG
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4048.JPG
IMG_4049.JPG
IMG_4050.JPG
IMG_4051.JPG
IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG

dunno why people are so confused by this…when the parts are available…service center will reach out to you to schedule a service appointment to install it…not rocket science…
Right, not rocket science, but why does it take months to get them and no one has any ETA and no official statement from Tesla about when to expect them? It seems like a rocket science on Tesla part.

@ITGOESTO11 Yes do you have the VIN? It's possible this is one of those early demos (multi coat red, white interior, etc.) that has them installed.

@TD_alseT Unfortunately the S/X don't have different body style for their performance versions. It should be pretty obvious the Model 3 does not get any special treatment in that area. If anything they have been streamlining like crazy. Eventually all the different versions will be differentiated by badge only ;).

Last edited:
In hindsight, I should have peeked at the VIN. I'll be there again tomorrow morning and will look for it. Car only had "SOLD" written on a piece of white paper in the front windshield.

Yeah the "SOLD" sign screams demo car to me that has been sold. I hope i'm wrong though but the if you do see the VIN that would give us a pretty good idea either way. I pick up my P3D on the 26th of November and would love for it to come with the spoiler and badge

The M3P+ was still in the lot this morning when I visited. I noted the VIN number and later showed the carbon fiber spoiler photo to the SC EE and asked if they knew why this car had it. His reply was “must be a marketing vehicle,” aka demo vehicle. The VIN is 0553XX.

Our spoiler conversation prompted the SC EE to make a couple of calls to his parts department and as a result we learned that M3P+ owners would be shipped the spoilers DIRECTLY to their mailing address on file and then would need to make an appointment at an SC for installation. This procedure was confirmed by another SS EE who seemed briefed on the matter.

• Informative
Reactions: brianman and outie
The M3P+ was still in the lot this morning when I visited. I noted the VIN number and later showed the carbon fiber spoiler photo to the SC EE and asked if they knew why this car had it. His reply was “must be a marketing vehicle,” aka demo vehicle. The VIN is 0553XX.

Our spoiler conversation prompted the SC EE to make a couple of calls to his parts department and as a result we learned that M3P+ owners would be shipped the spoilers DIRECTLY to their mailing address on file and then would need to make an appointment at an SC for installation. This procedure was confirmed by another SS EE who seemed briefed on the matter.

Interesting, did they give an eta when these would be shipped?

First time hearing that they are shipped directly to the customers. Sounds better than being contacted by local SC as who knows if they will even notify you.