Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Install was simple. Cleaned the surface of the car, then set the spoiler on the car on the desired location without removing the tape cover. With the spoiler in place measured so that it was centered, then used painters masking tape to create an outline of the corners and the entire inside edge. Then, removed the tape cover (3M tape it was installed on the spoiler as the outline) and gently hovered the spoiler with both hands to exactly where I wanted it just above the outline, then lowered it to place it on the car. Without applying too much pressure, went around pressing down on the outline with a micro fiber cloth. Both corners are secure, so far nothing is popping out. Should be set in 6 hours. I also left a good review on Amazon with more photos.

Cheers
Nitin

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Swift and P100DHG.
Did you use any more 3M tape than it came with? I bought the Ebay Texas one and it's here ready to go on but I've read that people have added more tape and it looks like it could use a strip down the middle. The edges are covered well but not the middle. I think I might head out to Walmart or Canadian Tire to buy some more tape before installing it.

Did you use any more 3M tape than it came with? I bought the Ebay Texas one and it's here ready to go on but I've read that people have added more tape and it looks like it could a strip down the middle. I think I might head out to Walmart of Canadian Tire to buy some more tape before installing it.
I ordered 3M tape from Amazon but it was delayed so decided to give it a go with the tape that the spoiler came with.

Has anyone purchased from AliExpress? This one after coupon is $129 shipped.

Carbon Fiber Car Rear Trunk Spoiler For Tesla Model S 4 Door Sedan Carbon Spoiler Gloss Black Finish 2012 UP-in Spoilers & Wings from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

They look exactly the same as ones on eBay, etc. but hesitant to order from that site and China.
The price is now at 109. If they accept paypal as a source of payment then I'd buy it.
But I wouldn't share my credit card details with that site.

I'm tempted to try it. Because you know *all* the chinese spoilers are likely made at the same place for $6.

If they had a matte spoiler for $109, I'd do it.

Also, @AMPd , AliExpress is huge. According to Alexa, it's ranked 41 of all websites: List of most popular websites - Wikipedia

I had the same thought about them likely being all the same. Ended up after all their discounts getting it for $118 shipped. A tad hesitant about giving them my cc but it's $60 cheaper than the one I was looking at on eBay. I'll post my experience once I get it (assuming I do lol) and install.

Yep, that's the one I ordered. I'm very happy with the product. I put a little extra tape on it as it was 95% perfect. (The left had a little lift, but within acceptable tolerance). I've had it one for 3 weeks now with now water issues. I will say that if you buy it, it would appear they store it in a warehouse with lots of dust. As I was fitting it on my car, it created microscratches. I wasnt too worried since it was going to be under the spoiler, but i know i will have to buff them out if i remove the spoiler. So in otherwords, make sure you clean the bottom well before you lay it on your car. Sorry for the delayed response.

Going to plasti dip my wheels tomorrow....Super excited. Anthracite Gray with Gloss.

Yep, that's the one I ordered. I'm very happy with the product. I put a little extra tape on it as it was 95% perfect. (The left had a little lift, but within acceptable tolerance). I've had it one for 3 weeks now with now water issues. I will say that if you buy it, it would appear they store it in a warehouse with lots of dust. As I was fitting it on my car, it created microscratches. I wasnt too worried since it was going to be under the spoiler, but i know i will have to buff them out if i remove the spoiler. So in otherwords, make sure you clean the bottom well before you lay it on your car. Sorry for the delayed response.

Going to plasti dip my wheels tomorrow....Super excited. Anthracite Gray with Gloss.
Thanks. Would like to see the wheels too when finished.

I went ahead and ordered the OEM Tesla CF spoiler and had the SC install it. I know it is expensive for $1500, but is only around 1.5% of what I paid for the car, and I assume it will be warrantied by Tesla for any problems. Not worth the hassle of getting a cheap one from China and having it raise up or fade in the sun.

It is Matte CF, by the way.

I installed my eBay Texas one today. I added more tape to the underside, used a clay bar to remove 22ple glass coating I use, taped it out using painters tape, and it installed easily.

I also put a red S sticker on I bought from a vendor here some time ago...

Attachments

• IMG_20170402_2440.jpg
    IMG_20170402_2440.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_20170402_27484.jpg
    IMG_20170402_27484.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20170402_24788.jpg
    IMG_20170402_24788.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_20170402_3105.jpg
    IMG_20170402_3105.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_20170402_3747.jpg
    IMG_20170402_3747.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20170402_842.jpg
    IMG_20170402_842.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 309
I installed my eBay Texas one today. I added more tape to the underside, used a clay bar to remove 22ple glass coating I use, taped it out using painters tape, and it installed easily.

I also put a red S sticker on I bought from a vendor here some time ago...
Looks good. Would be great to see a broader shot when you have a chance. Is that the glossy version?

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyF4