Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber vinyl wrap Tesla Model S 2015 interior experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think it’s the trim because if you notice on the top right of the MCU, you have a gap as well. My guess is you didn’t screw in or snap in a piece completely.

Hmm I am going to pop that right hand side up again and try to align the clips from center of dash outward again to see if it improves but it does not seem to wanna go down any further no matter how much i beat on the top of the dash. Inserting another close up pic anyways. There is no actual visible gap between the aluminum liner bit and the top(maybe its not as flush as it could be though? But the CF and to rhe right at the air vent can def se a small gap, maybe a clip close to that region never snapped in well and is now preventing it to hold as flush as it should.

Attachments

• PicNum2.jpg
    PicNum2.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 92
You were right, at least 1 clip I could see had not aligned right to pop back down and had bent off to the side. fixed up and popped back down again, pics attached post fix up, looking much better now. Added some 10lb weights to to sit on the dash overnight to try to hold it down a bit and will see how that helps.

Attachments

• PostFixWithWeights.jpg
    PostFixWithWeights.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 64
  • PostFix.jpg
    PostFix.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: mbhforum
Awesome, thanks for all the feedback folks. I may end up wrapping my own. Also looking at a few Ebay listings on real CF(supposedly) added to OEM Tesla trims. Cheapest I am seeing is like 1.3k-2k though for the panels which is a bit outside my range. Maybe I can talk them down some though.

Just shedding some information here since I first paid about $200 for the Tesla carbon fiber dash. I installed them, but I was a little underwhelmed. Due to the matte finish it looks really bland and cheap to me. I then searched online and quickly found what I was looking for. I saw that RPM Tesla had carbon fiber trim pieces for sale, but due to my geographical location I wanted to check Ebay to see if I could get them cheaper. To my surprise the listings were around $1000 each which is insane. This is a total rip-off. I searched a lot on Ebay and eventually found a seller (yaon94) that had them for $100 which is much more reasonable. I also learned that they all originate from the same factory, but other seller are selling them for insane prices because Tesla and Carbon Fiber.

I started with getting the door trim pieces (glossy) and holy moly do they look stunning! I quickly ordered the dash pieces ($100), window switches ($30) and steering wheel trim ($30) as well. Waiting for them to arrive as we speak.

Additionally, they are real carbon fiber. They are precisely made from an abs plastic mold and then have a carbon fiber layer on top and then lastly coated with resin.