Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

carbon fiber vs ash wood decor

Jen123

Nov 15, 2018
northern california
Hi, I am new to this awesome forum. I just order my Model X in white with black interior and the carbon wheels. They have changed the interior and now only have wood decor. However, they just happen to have one with my exact specs, but the old carbon fiber trim for an extra $250. The new wood decor has grooves in it and is a flat color not gloss. Should I go with the carbon fiber which they no longer offer? Thanks for your input!

ek993

Jun 19, 2018
CT
I have never understood the fascination for wood trim in cars, absolutely hate it. The Tesla is a futuristic technology focused car, not a throwback to the 60’s. Carbon gets my vote.

DriveMe

Aug 12, 2017
NE OH
Personally I went with carbon fiber and paid $250 to get it. Love it! But I must say the wood decor in Tesla looks pretty good too. Much better than a glossy wood in some other cars. So I think it's a matter of personal preference. Check both options at a Service Center if you can.

K3Man

Jun 21, 2018
Rancho Cucamonga
... So I think it's a matter of personal preference. Check both options at a Service Center if you can.

^--THIS!!! No one has a better opinion than yourself and those that will actually have to live with the decision.

We got wood trim on our interior and love it. MUCH more than the CF that I found to be just too... synthetic for my taste. But like I wrote, that's merely my own preference.

:)

Reactions: Akishta

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC