Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber wing from eBay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So at 1/3 the price of the T Sportline wing, I decided to pull the trigger on the ebay carbon fiber spoiler for the Model 3.

Pros
- Cheap
- Looks exactly like the T Sportline Wing (Coincidence?)
- Fast Shipping (from China...)

Cons
- Minor CF imperfection in clear coat
- Not a 100% perfect fit
- Rough edges, afraid it will damage paint over time

Not sure if it is allowed, but I wrote a slightly more in-depth review on my blog (DIY, Technology, and other random stuff!: Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Wing from eBay!).

Attachments

• IMG_20190129_185738.jpg
    IMG_20190129_185738.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20190128_173810.jpg
    IMG_20190128_173810.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 114
Cool. We may consider developing a carbon fiber wing as well. Do you have any suggestions?

I would be interested in a carbon fiber spoiler that's similar in style to what's posted above, but goes the length of the trunk instead of stopping too short. Essentially a bit longer.

Another hot item would be an OEM performance spoiler style in glossy carbon fiber. I'd be all over that one in glossy.

Reactions: untilcomplete
Cool. We may consider developing a carbon fiber wing as well. Do you have any suggestions?

I would be interested in a carbon fiber spoiler that's similar in style to what's posted above, but goes the length of the trunk instead of stopping too short. Essentially a bit longer.

Another hot item would be an OEM performance spoiler style in glossy carbon fiber. I'd be all over that one in glossy.

Yes I agree. I don't really like the style of the RPM Tesla style wing. If there was a similar style spoiler as the TSportline/eBay/OEM that went the full length of the truck, had tighter tolerances so it fit perfectly, I would definitely buy one.

+1 @untilcomplete

It really needs to run the entire length of the trunk

And extremely tight quality control tolerances. Not just the fit and finish (literally both) but also the adhesive quality.

E.g. a lot of aftermarket knockoffs say they use 3M or flat out put a fake 3m branded wrapping on the adhesive when it's obviously junk.

If the price was more compelling than the competition and all of the above were true it would be a no brainer.

+1 @untilcomplete

It really needs to run the entire length of the trunk

And extremely tight quality control tolerances. Not just the fit and finish (literally both) but also the adhesive quality.

E.g. a lot of aftermarket knockoffs say they use 3M or flat out put a fake 3m branded wrapping on the adhesive when it's obviously junk.

If the price was more compelling than the competition and all of the above were true it would be a no brainer.

Yea my eBay spoiler came with tape (not attached). First fit didn't actually stick. Ended up getting some 3m double sided tape from Lowe's.