Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Filter AND HEPA filter on BioWeapon equipped Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have a facelift Model S (Bought in early 2017). Its a 75D with premium interior and BioHazard defense mode.

I know I have the huge HEPA filter in the frunk. But my question is if I also have the small HVAC carbon filter as well? (PN 1072736-00-B)

When i was at the Tesla service department they told me that my car only uses the HEPA filter if I turn on BioHazard defense mode, otherwise its using the small (12" x 6") carbon filter.

Before I tear my dash apart, I want to ensure that its behind the glovebox... does anyone know if my car has both filters?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Having seen the layout of the car & fitting my own HEPA filter after the SC failed to carry out the upgrade to Biohazard spec I would say that a) it would be impossible to bypass the HEPA filter as the air enters the car through it and b) with the HEPA in place the cabin filter is superfluous.

It is easy to change both filters or have a look if you are curious - when you drop the glovebox just watch the connectors as there are 3 and one can be tricky to work out where it goes if you don't see it attached first.