TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Carbon Pricing @ MA State House, TOMORROW Jan 31 @ 10 a.m.

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by Pollux, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Pollux

Pollux Active Member

Folks,

Apologies for very late notice! I don’t know why I’m just hearing about this now?!

Carbon pricing as part of an omnibus greenhouse gas reduction bill
    Multi-State Carbon Pricing Coalition
    Business Support for Carbon Pricing

10 a.m. TOMORROW, Jan 31
    MASSACHUSETTS State House, Room 222

Please go if at all possible! Show support, learn about the effort!

And… please pass the word!

THANK YOU!

Alan

Enc.
    ------

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Invite: Carbon Pricing Press Conference TOMORROW
    Date: January 30, 2018 at 9:56:29 AM EST
    To: "Walford, Hannah (SEN)" <[email protected]>

Dear Friend,
    Given your interest in carbon pricing, I wanted to update you about the state of play in Massachusetts and to invite you to an event here at the State House tomorrow.

Press Conference: The Carbon Costs Coalition and Growing Business Support
    Wednesday, January 31st at 10 a.m.
    State House, Room 222

BIG NEWS! Yesterday, it was announced that the Global Warming and Climate Change Committee, of which I am a member, will include carbon pricing as part of a greenhouse gas reduction omnibus bill that we plan to publish next week.
    We are hopeful that we can get carbon pricing into the Senate for a vote this session, but we need your help. Tomorrow, we will be holding a press conference to announce two major developments, including the birth of a multi-state carbon pricing coalition and news of thriving business support for carbon pricing in Massachusetts.
    Please join us at the State House tomorrow to hear more about the movement and to show that Massachusetts stands ready to lead on climate action. We need to show Beacon Hill leaders that there is grassroots support for putting a price on carbon.

Best wishes,
    Hannah Walford
    Communications Director
    Office of Senator Mike Barrett
    Room 416, State House
    617-722-1572
    [email protected]

• Love x 1