Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Carbon-sleeved Rotors

Tesla web sight.

Attachments

• DD118139-2778-4C78-857E-954E45915423.jpeg
    DD118139-2778-4C78-857E-954E45915423.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 220
I can't find any wear information so hopefully the carbon sleeve won't fail prematurely or catastrophically.

How would you expect to find any information on "wear" on a part that has been out for about 2 weeks?
This sleeve doesn't touch anything, so "wear" is not the general term that will be used. Fatigue would be the issue here. Thankfully, composites tend to be very good in fatigue.

And if it does, Tesla better not come out saying it is normal wear and tear.
If the sleeve fails at 20,000 RPM, you're going to be very lucky to be around to have a discussion with Tesla about your warranty status ;)

How would you expect to find any information on "wear" on a part that has been out for about 2 weeks?
This sleeve doesn't touch anything, so "wear" is not the general term that will be used. Fatigue would be the issue here. Thankfully, composites tend to be very good in fatigue.

If the sleeve fails at 20,000 RPM, you're going to be very lucky to be around to have a discussion with Tesla about your warranty status ;)
I wasn't referring to the production vehicle but rather tests Tesla or others have performed. I don't know all the technical terms but since the process seems so scientifically advanced, I wanted to find information on potential life cycle and whether heat or other stresses would affect the motor.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC