Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbotech Performance Brake Pads for Model 3 - Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is odd, mine definitely did not have that play when I installed them. I would need to pull the caliper and inspect them to be sure, but I think my tabs were a different design.
Carbotech pads are manufactured locally in Europe, hence my question. US and EU pads might be slightly different dimensions.
Mine are from Carbotech EU and don't rattle at all but then I've used disc quiet on them, so that may be the reason.

OK, let us know how you get on with brake quiet.

After putting a generous amount of brake anti-squeal paste on the back of the pad (Liqui Moly 20240, I don't have access to CRC), I don't hear the rattle anymore when driving.
brake quiet.jpg

I have a track day coming up in 10 days, I hope this will withstand the track abuse.

Reactions: destructure00
After putting a generous amount of brake anti-squeal paste on the back of the pad (Liqui Moly 20240, I don't have access to CRC), I don't hear the rattle anymore when driving.
View attachment 548548

I have a track day coming up in 10 days, I hope this will withstand the track abuse.
Don't worry, it will! I'm using XP10s on track with less brake quiet than that and everything is just fine!

Reactions: destructure00
I also went with the rp2 pads on my performance and I have been tracking with a set of Hoosier r7. My local track has only two high-speed braking zones but so far the pads have been working great. I got fade on initial bedding like it says you will experience and haven't had it since then. My rp2 are extremely loud on the street though if I need a little bit of brake to come to a stop. They seem to be lasting quite a while though. I've done 3 track days on them and have more than half the pad easily. I also use xp10 xp8 on my brz after using hawks and really love the carbotechs. I think next time though I will try xp 12 or 20 fronts because the rp2 does take a little to heat up it seems. I have a click when decelerating and accelerating but I'm not sure if it's the pads or another issue yet. Sounds like a rock in tire type noise but it always happens when I start to slow then start to accelerate or vice versa. My pads were very tough to get in the rear caliper. I almost thought I was going to have to grind paint off them a bit