Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbuzz interviews Robert Llewellyn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robert-Llewellyn-interview

Although a UK TV celeb, most here in the US will probably recognize him. A fan of EV's, he has a couple of really good quotes:

Dream car: ATM Tesla Model S

Your video blog, Fully Charged, has taken a more specific look at the development of EVs. In your view, what are the main challenges that EVs face in today’s world?

Main challenge is ignorance and assumptions based upon that. It is ridiculous how many people are instantly converted as soon as they drive an electric car. However there are big differences more than drawbacks. Range was the most common anxiety up until recently, now it's battery replacement cost. It's emerging technology but it's emerging very fast, developments in battery tech are amazing, I'm very optimistic about it. There's going to be set backs, skepticism, that's good, there should be, but there is no doubt in my mind that electric cars will come to dominate sooner rather than later.

I dislike the term 'electric vehicles' because it's a mouthful and unspecific. Many people suggest to me that 'hydrogen is the future, not electric.' They forget of course that hydrogen fuel cell cars are electric, but I won't go on. I quite like the term 'car' for electric vehicle, and 'old fashioned smelly car' for anything with an internal combustion engine as its only power source.