Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Card Key Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you think?

keycard.jpg

Those prototypes are 3d printed and post-processed.
Piano black version is just covered with a layer of clear coat.
The second one is vinyl cover cf, and the other two are real epoxied carbon fiber.
The idea is to have something more substantial to hand off to the valet than just a card.
There is less chance of them loosing it. And the hole give them a way to mount your card on their board.

They're pretty cheap to produce - about the same as your phone case.

CJ

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Think they could do double duty as a holder on the center console? I've heard the console is prone to scratches, don't know if carbon fiber is smooth enough to not scratch. Also, to stay on the console, needs to have some amount of grip. I would think that vinyl would be sufficient for that, but who knows. Understand that may not be ideal for your primary scenario.

Bump to see if there are any updates on this and to make a suggestion - consider color options that match the color of the car. Like the hole, it's an easy way for a valet to find the card. Thinking of those cases where there are multiple M3 owners at the same restaurant/hotel :)

Reactions: chojn1
Bump to see if there are any updates on this and to make a suggestion - consider color options that match the color of the car. Like the hole, it's an easy way for a valet to find the card. Thinking of those cases where there are multiple M3 owners at the same restaurant/hotel :)

@MarkBrokeIt,
Great idea.
I was thinking of using color cards to match the color of the car. That way you can show off any custom cutout design (like the Tesla T). There is currently not enough interest to proceed with tooling.

CJ

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt