TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Card Lost in Center Console

Discussion in 'Model S' started by What_Was_That?, Aug 16, 2018.

1. What_Was_That?

Today I had a card sitting on top of the sliding console door when it was closed. When stopping at a light it went sliding forward and is now caught somewhere. Any ideas?

2. csanders90D

csanders90D Supporting Member

I've got a card that slid in there too. I hoped it would fall into the interior of the console, but it never did. Anyone know how to get it out without disassembling the whole console? It's less effort to get a new card than to take the console apart.

3. Terran

Terran Member

Same thing happened to me, I had to disassembled the console to get it out.

4. scottm

scottm Active Member

picture of what went where? and maybe what to do to prevent it

5. liuping

liuping Active Member

#5 liuping, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Like x 1
  6. ztaylor

ztaylor Member

I think the S and X are similar....the little cubby spot has two clips. If you put your hands in there palms down and push it will pop down and you can get the card.

This is where tesla connects the computers to our cars.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. What_Was_That?

Thanks for the ideas. Does take a bit of pressure. The card is found. Almost as disturbing as removing the nose cone on our 2015 MS.

• Funny x 1
  8. Corsair

Corsair Member

'Those who own CPOs, please see instructions on how to remove console. You may be rewarded with a bounty'

• Like x 1
  9. liuping

liuping Active Member

Yeah, I don't want to do it too many times.

While I have mine apart, I put a little piece of foam weather striping to fill the gap and make it harder for card to fall back there.

• Like x 1