Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Card payment gone from my Tesla account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am leasing via Tusker and so my account does not show the car but did allow me to put a card on file for supercharging payment. I have previously done a quick supercharge and was charged on that card.

I looked at my account today and the ability to see or add a credit card is no longer an option. It has completely gone.
I guess the lease company are gonna pay for all my supercharging then !!

Any other Tusker / lease customers still have the card option?

Reactions: JohnA16
I am leasing via Tusker and so my account does not show the car but did allow me to put a card on file for supercharging payment. I have previously done a quick supercharge and was charged on that card.

I looked at my account today and the ability to see or add a credit card is no longer an option. It has completely gone.
I guess the lease company are gonna pay for all my supercharging then !!

Any other Tusker / lease customers still have the card option?
Glad it's not just me. i've literally just been looking to add a Credit card to my account and can't see where to do this.

I'm also a leasing customer through Arval so not sure if it's specific to leased vehicles

Ok peeps so just back from first Supercharge and drove away without paying.

So just checked account and can now see a History option which brings up the attached. Looks like the option to add a card is there now.

not sure if this is just a newbie thing but would be handy to know

Attachments

• B3229447-1E46-4A16-A2B0-053B05794EE5.png
    B3229447-1E46-4A16-A2B0-053B05794EE5.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 140
Ok peeps so just back from first Supercharge and drove away without paying.

So just checked account and can now see a History option which brings up the attached. Looks like the option to add a card is there now.

not sure if this is just a newbie thing but would be handy to know
In fact ignore me when you click on the Add Payment Method button it just takes you back to the home screen ‍♂️

Anyone got anywhere with this? When I first received my lease car I was able to add payment details, and successfully supercharged and saw it turn up on my card statement. The card I used will expire shortly and I seem to have no way to change or add a new one. Supercharging is my only option right now with no home charging and the office charger inaccessible for the foreseable future.

Nope. Raised it to Tesla Virtual Service and my Leasing company. Tesla asked me to delete the app and re-install it even though I attached a screenshot from the browser on the Tesla webpage. Lease company not got back to me yet. I think Tesla have done something and broken the system but its impossible to get to the right person and get a useful answer. Getting to the point of tweeting Elon asking him to sort it.

So I supercharged on sunday, and it appears in my account history, but has not as yet appeared on my credit card statement as a pending or actual transaction, pretty sure it appeared straight away last time. So now I'm wondering if my card details have actually been removed from the account, rather than just become inaccessible for update. I wonder who is paying for the electricity....

interesting. I have not heard back from Tesla or the leasing company. I may have to try a supercharge to see what happens.
I had no card on my account and did exactly that. Charged last week and the bill shows in my account under History with the option to add a payment method. When you click the button to add it takes you back to the home page.

checked the invoice which looks to be going to Arval. This isn’t ideal I don’t want this getting added to monthly payment

I had no card on my account and did exactly that. Charged last week and the bill shows in my account under History with the option to add a payment method. When you click the button to add it takes you back to the home page.

checked the invoice which looks to be going to Arval. This isn’t ideal I don’t want this getting added to monthly payment
I'm in exactly the same boat (but Tusker lease), and yesterday contacted both Tesla and Tusker to sort. My specific car was ordered with a referral code (confirmed by both Tusker and Tesla) so I should be getting the 1,000 free supercharger miles. It's just the usual Lease abstraction thing here, i.e. we are not the owners of the vehicle, rather Lease/Finance co is. Which means that we cannot see any products (vehicles) associated to us on our website accounts, plus I don't have any mention of the free miles in the Mobile App's Loot Box. Will keep you all posted.

I'm in exactly the same boat (but Tusker lease), and yesterday contacted both Tesla and Tusker to sort. My specific car was ordered with a referral code (confirmed by both Tusker and Tesla) so I should be getting the 1,000 free supercharger miles. It's just the usual Lease abstraction thing here, i.e. we are not the owners of the vehicle, rather Lease/Finance co is. Which means that we cannot see any products (vehicles) associated to us on our website accounts, plus I don't have any mention of the free miles in the Mobile App's Loot Box. Will keep you all posted.
I think the issue though is that up until recently, while i didnt have access to the lease vehicle in my account (no upgrades, subscriptions etc), I did have access to configuring payment details for superchargers, this has now gone from the account.

I am a Tusker lease and i was previously able to add and use the payment card. It has now gone. As for the referral miles I have given up after trying Tusker and Tesla. Tusker must be building up a nice lot of miles on their account. I see nothing in my referral box and nothing on the referrals on my account via Tesla website.