Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Care for leather seats? + How do the Tesla all-weather mats look IRL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies in advance for the n00b question. I just received my P85 with gorgeous gray seats. I've noticed some dirt marks already and would like to know if:

1. There's any kind of protectant I should use and
2. What's the best way to clean them for daily use

My understanding is that non-detergent plus chamois is good enough. Does anyone have specific brand recs? I'm terrified of leaving a water stain on the seats.

Secondly, since Tesla only has the all-weather floor mats in-stock, does anyone have them IRL? Are they worth it? I am planning on getting the well-reviewed Lloyds:

http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/79A4424A0A0.aspx

Thank you in advance :)

Helen

I think the all weather mats look better than any I've had before and I've had a few. They fit perfectly, have the TESLA logos and are very sharp looking for what they are. I saw them in person at the service center and bought a set on the spot.

As far as the leather goes, I'm interested to hear about that too. Is this "Nappa" leather natural leather (with pores) or is it painted leather like most cars have these days? Depending on the answer to that question, it changes what you would use on them.

Last edited:
I have the mats as well and love them! If I had to do it again, I would get them again. One this I wish they did was to extend the front passenger mat to reach further up front. So I guess make the mat longer for the front passenger seat.

As for the leather, I have a '93 RX-7 and just wipe them down with a damp cloth. Even though I'm the 3rd owner, the previous owner did the same and the seats are still looking fantastic! Cleaning daily, I just wipe the seats with microfiber cloth and it picks up all those little dust stuff just fine.

Is anyone willing to post a pic of their all weather mats installed? I have one in huge rear footwell where my kids are and I'm not all that impressed with it. It keeps sliding around. But by the same token the mats that came with the car are awful the passenger side and second row flop all over the place. :/

Last edited:
Here are some pictures for the request. Some close up pictures of a few parts too. You can also see the passenger side mat that I said should be extended to cover further up the front of the car. The car needs a detail. Been going everywhere with my Model S hence the dirt. The mats work like a charm otherwise all that dirt would be on the carpet.

The mats fit perfectly and does not move around much at all. I had some service done on the car up in Lynnwood, WA and they put the mats in for me. Not sure if they did anything special.

allseasonmats01.jpg
allseasonmats02.jpg
allseasonmats03.jpg
allseasonmats04.jpg
allseasonmats05.jpg
allseasonmats06.jpg

I purchased the floor liners from Tesla. They are made by WeatherTech. I like how they capture all the dirt and protect the carpet. They do not move around. The Tesla floor mats that came with my model S were too flimsy.

I had OptiGuard applied to the interior of my Model S. I understand it will provide 2 years of protection. I purchase the Optiguard after having OptiCoat Pro applied to both my Model S and my new 2014 Volt.

How do you have those little hooks? In yours that seem to keep them in place? Was that a
something that tesla did on their earlier cars? And they no longer do? I really like the way those look. I live in WA and will be stopping by the bellevue SC in Monday for a ccouple other issues and will ask them about those mats maybe they can come up with something to help me secure the 3rd row one to. Maybe it was supposed to be in huge first place. Hmm.

I have the all weather mats from Tesla and am a bit disappointed. They are flimsier than the all weather mats I had for my Land Rover and seem to attract dirt and are harder to clean. I vacuum and then have to wipe them with a damp cloth, and they seem to get dirty again within seconds. With the set I had in my old car, they were thicker and got dirty, but didn't seem to attract dirt or adhere it as much as these do. That being said, I would still buy them.

Maybe it is a good thing that it attracts dirt? At lease you know dirt will not end up on the carpets or anywhere else in the car. Good thing you made the right choice and still bought them haha!

I have the all weather mats from Tesla and am a bit disappointed. They are flimsier than the all weather mats I had for my Land Rover and seem to attract dirt and are harder to clean. I vacuum and then have to wipe them with a damp cloth, and they seem to get dirty again within seconds. With the set I had in my old car, they were thicker and got dirty, but didn't seem to attract dirt or adhere it as much as these do. That being said, I would still buy them.