Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carfax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can do this first thing tomorrow, out of the office today!

Ah man. It was a scam. 2014 P85D selling at 31,500, fair market is ~50,000... should have figured. But thanks for your quick response!

i ended up looking up the website creation date, business phone number lookup, and history. All came out extremely sketchy. Address was of a residential house, website created a month ago (despite "11 yrs in business"), no history selling any cars at all (0 reviews). Guy on the phone said he only accepts wire transfers.

Just in case anyone see's this and also has encountered the website, I know it's a small chance, but beware and stay away from Rhode Auto Sales – License#: UCAR035157

Reactions: Chancellor32
Ah man. It was a scam. 2014 P85D selling at 31,500, fair market is ~50,000... should have figured. But thanks for your quick response!

i ended up looking up the website creation date, business phone number lookup, and history. All came out extremely sketchy. Address was of a residential house, website created a month ago (despite "11 yrs in business"), no history selling any cars at all (0 reviews). Guy on the phone said he only accepts wire transfers.

Just in case anyone see's this and also has encountered the website, I know it's a small chance, but beware and stay away from Rhode Auto Sales – License#: UCAR035157

Thanks for posting this. I was looking at a x90d from this same person. Communication was very sketchy. I did get a car fax report and a lot of pictures. Deep down I knew it was too good to be true. My guess is stolen identity?

Thanks for posting this. I was looking at a x90d from this same person. Communication was very sketchy. I did get a car fax report and a lot of pictures. Deep down I knew it was too good to be true. My guess is stolen identity?

Glad I could help!

My guess is he's using a fake name and address. Address pulls up a residential house, and phone number has no link to a business or anything similar.

His website has pictures of his "staff" actually from a GMC dealer website. He said he's been "in business for 11 years" but his sketchy website was just created a month ago.

Seems like this isn't his first time doing this. Whenever his website gets thrown around too much on forums/internet for being sketchy, he probably scraps it and starts fresh with the same template, but different names/address.

So many red flags that kept coming up... I even reported it on Autotrader but the listing is still active