Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo area on 2023 Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for some decent mats to cover the cargo area and rear of seats in a 2023 Model Y. Are there any options out there that have three pieces for the seat rear and two pieces for the cargo top cover?

I haven't spent much time playing around with it, but at first glance, it seems that the cargo top covers (2 pieces) are a bit "clunky" to use. They don't seem to really lock into place and are sort of like two pieces of cardboard with a felt cover or something like that.

I find that it's a bit tough to open only the second panel (the one closer to the seats).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

I just bought these. Amazon.com
They are basically molded to the shape of the car and are solid. They aren't thin and floppy but hold their shape. They have raised edges which imo would stop a super big gulp from getting on the carpet.
The cargo area is one solid piece that bends in the middle. It does not move at all. We used it just this weekend and had the car fully packed. Nothing budged.

Thanks for your reply. I purchased front and rear floor mats from Maxpider, so I would just be looking to get the cargo liner. Do you know if I could just get that piece and possibly rear seat back covers too?

Also, just wondering, how do you open the cargo compartment that's further from the door with this installed?

I shove bikes in the back, so I wanted something that covered the sides.

I got this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JE6MXPK?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I think it is pretty much the only one that prevents the sides of the car from being trashed, but it's not like a heavy rubber. It's like a quilted fabric. The fit is imperfect but very close (time will tell if seats going back and forth will continue to work well, just put it in today with no cargo tests). There were plenty of threads hanging out, etc. But like I said, it's the only thing that protected the sides of the cargo area.

-TPC

2023 MYLR.

Reactions: BitJam
You may want to check out these machine washable trunk mats that can actually be put in the washer and dryer.
Check out the video on this site
lessymessyauto.com

I'm looking for some decent mats to cover the cargo area and rear of seats in a 2023 Model Y. Are there any options out there that have three pieces for the seat rear and two pieces for the cargo top cover?

I haven't spent much time playing around with it, but at first glance, it seems that the cargo top covers (2 pieces) are a bit "clunky" to use. They don't seem to really lock into place and are sort of like two pieces of cardboard with a felt cover or something like that.

I find that it's a bit tough to open only the second panel (the one closer to the seats).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.
Did you look at Tesla's?