Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo box: Inno or Thule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the whispbar in the mail today but still haven't figured out what cargo box to get.

I know whispbar has two on their website but they are not out yet.

I have seen pics on these forums from owners that have cargo boxes already that said they were Inno or Thule but when I went to their websites there are many models to choose from.

Therefore, my question to everyone would be what cargo box would you choose and why? Or is there another from some other manufacturer that you already have or would recommend instead?

One owner has an Inno box but I'm not sure what model it is :
9ybu2a8a.jpg

This one is a Thule Hyper XL 612
jyjy8ugy.jpg

I don’t have an answer for you, but a question: Wouldn’t you think that the bottom of the cargo box should be horizontal (parallel to the ground)? I think the way it’s pictured, it would create more aerodynamic drag.

We have had the same Thule box since 2003. We use it ALOT (though haven't tried it on the Tesla). It has stood up to all kinds of weather and we don't baby it. I may end up going with a trailer but if I decided on a roof box I would get another Thule.

Have you, or anyone else, found an answer to this? I just had a Whispbar rack installed on my MS and am also concerned about the the rear bar being lower than the front bar. Whatever cargo box I end up buying (any suggestions would be appreciated) would *not* be parallel to the ground, and I wonder how that will limit my range for a cross-country trip.