Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo capacity in 7-seat configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC community!

I know we can't possibly know the answer yet, but I thought I'd put it out there - I'm curious what the cargo capacity of the Model Y will be with the 7-seat configuration. I believe the capacity of the Y in the 5-seat config is 66 cubic feet of storage, but for my family, I think the 7 seat configuration is going to be the better bet, if we get a Y (I'm also considering an X).

Similarly, I'm curious what the towing capacity will be. I have a heavy boat and so the X is a better option for towing. For short distances, twice a year, I'm curious if the Y will be able to do the job.

OK, let the discussion and speculation begin :)
Jared

Hi TMC community!

I know we can't possibly know the answer yet, but I thought I'd put it out there - I'm curious what the cargo capacity of the Model Y will be with the 7-seat configuration. I believe the capacity of the Y in the 5-seat config is 66 cubic feet of storage, but for my family, I think the 7 seat configuration is going to be the better bet, if we get a Y (I'm also considering an X).

Similarly, I'm curious what the towing capacity will be. I have a heavy boat and so the X is a better option for towing. For short distances, twice a year, I'm curious if the Y will be able to do the job.

OK, let the discussion and speculation begin :)
Jared

If you really think you need 7 seats, I would get an X. The Y looks pretty small in the last row. I am pretty sure someone posted the dimensions in the main Y thread.

Reactions: Fiddler
We have four kids in a model X. I really want a model Y as a second car. my wife drops kids to school, I pick them up. I don't think it would work for us. The kids are 9 and under. Three of them are still in boosters and car seats. As they grow I can see them needing more room, especially the third row. sometimes I wish the x was a bit bigger. If we had 3 kids I can see the Y working. It seems roomy as a five seater.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up