Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo cover not as good as expected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received delivery on my MYLR last week that came with a cargo cover and the biggest complaint I have with it is that it's not easy to move it out of the way. It folds in a Z shape but doesn't stay in place. It slowly slides back making it frustrating to load things in the back. Anyone else feeling the same? I almost feel like it's better to not have it at all because it's not functional.

Reactions: wtlloyd
Exactly. Just a very simple cover for things set on the back deck. Not the same as in Toyotas, etc., that have a sprung retracting and interlocking high-quality screen, and also removable -- though, that would be most preferable. That some Y's have this I think still is a plus vs. not having the feature at all.

I received delivery on my MYLR last week that came with a cargo cover and the biggest complaint I have with it is that it's not easy to move it out of the way. It folds in a Z shape but doesn't stay in place. It slowly slides back making it frustrating to load things in the back. Anyone else feeling the same? I almost feel like it's better to not have it at all because it's not functional.
is your car from Fremont or Austin?
Thanks

in case the folding is just not working:

tesla-model-y-rear-cargo-trunk-cover-privacy-1_33e7e1be-fd8e-4ab7-8a34-4504cff54ae9_570x@2x.progressive.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
in case the folding is just not working:

tesla-model-y-rear-cargo-trunk-cover-privacy-1_33e7e1be-fd8e-4ab7-8a34-4504cff54ae9_570x@2x.progressive.jpg
Yes! Retractable. Except I was hoping to have it retract from the side so you don't have to remove it when folding the seats down and loading large items. Like this...
1669748013228.png

Reactions: 101dals