Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo Liner to cover folded rear seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a rubber weather mat to cover the folded rear seats in my MS. I purchased the full set of All Weather Tesla Floor Mats (made by WeatherTech). I've been using these in all my cars due to the mess that a Chicago winter can make and they hold up very well. I want to extend the trunk mat to cover the folded seats to protect the seats from my road and mountain bikes (especially after a ride when they can be wet or muddy).

I found a WeatherTech AVM trim-to-fit Universal Cargo Mat for about $50. I can cut this down to size to meet my needs, but was wondering if anyone has come up with other options. In my other cars I just used a black sheet that I purchased for this specific use and it works OK, but doesn't stop water, oils, etc. from possibly seeping through to the seats.

Thanks

I found this on amazon. It isn't a solid plastic like the Weather Tech, but it might work. I haven't bought it yet, as I am researching like you. I looked at the universal mat you mentioned and it doesn't look like it would cover the backs of the folded seats, which is what I am looking for too.

Cargo Liner For SUVs Waterproof Durable Material - Unconditional Lifetime Warranty - (Black Large)

Good luck. If you find something better, do share it!

This looks very interesting but it appears to need extending headrests on the back seats to attach to. Do you have an idea of how this would work in our MS's?

I'm, not sure, but I would think we could loop it over the headrests and cinch them up. But they might slip off. Maybe attach some velcro (the hook side) to the underside of the mat and stick it to the carpet just below the backside of the leather on the seats.

What I really want is something that could wrap all the way up the sides of both the cargo area and the doors. My dogs are lunatics and I need all the protection I can get. I may have to make something.

I've just been throwing a ratty old blanket down over the seat backs before putting bikes into the car, but I'm also looking for a better alternative. A quick trip to the garage with a tape measure says that a 3'x5' mat would adequately cover the cargo floor with the seats folded down for bike-carrying purposes.

Some possibilities I found online: a SteepGrade cargo mat cover or a HomeDepot commercial doormat. The doormat looks promising, actually... think I'll see if my local HD store has one.

CHG-ON: for full-on lunatic dog protection, check out this cargo area liner.

Thanks! I saw this and PM'd the poster quite some time ago. But never got a response. But I'm pretty sure that I could whip that up with a little time. I think that looks like the best solution. Although I think a fully padded insane asylum cell is the true answer!