Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo/ Trunk Mats for MY 7 Seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!
It is my pleasure to introduce our brand new Tesla Model Y Trunk/Frunk all weather mat kit! This comes with everything you need to protect the third row seat back, trunk, frunk, and even the under trunk and is available to order now! This is our first version and will release a second version that is our 3D material which is the same exact material as our other mats on our site. Please let us know your thoughts and or suggestions. Thanks!
Would I be able to order a floor mat for just the 3rd row? Due to the lack of options, I've already purchased floor mats for the 5 seat version, but I'd love to get just the single piece that goes in the 3rd row. Thx.

Would I be able to order a floor mat for just the 3rd row? Due to the lack of options, I've already purchased floor mats for the 5 seat version, but I'd love to get just the single piece that goes in the 3rd row. Thx.
We are awaiting final samples of those. Once approved we will have the option of selling them separately and bundled together with floor mats.

We are awaiting final samples of those. Once approved we will have the option of selling them separately and bundled together with floor mats.
Just placed my orders. I would also like to be able to purchase the floor mat for the 3rd row once available. Didn‘t want to wait thus ordered the set available now.
Also ordered the 7 seater Model Y Cargo Mat and seat back. Is there a seat back option for the second row? I didn’t see that option to have seat backs for both 2nd and 3rd rows. If I missed it I’d like to modify the order.
Lastly, I believe we are close, we spone on the phone at the start of the month. If you are in the Aventura area I am happy to pick up my order once ready in place of you spending on shipping.
Max

Hello everyone!
It is my pleasure to introduce our brand new Tesla Model Y Trunk/Frunk all weather mat kit! This comes with everything you need to protect the third row seat back, trunk, frunk, and even the under trunk and is available to order now! This is our first version and will release a second version that is our 3D material which is the same exact material as our other mats on our site. Please let us know your thoughts and or suggestions. Thanks!
…surprise!!! Delivery for these now maybe December plus

Did anyone here tried out 3d maxspider 7 seater trunk cargo liner for your MY 7 seater? According to the photo, looks like it might fit well whether you have the third row fold down or not. Been looking for something that fits well for 7 seaters and haven't found one.

here is the link: Tesla Model Y All-Weather 3D MAXpider Floor Mats and Liners

Attachments

• Model-Y-7-Seat-Rear-Trunk-Upper-with-3rd-row-seat-back-protectors-M1TL0361309.png
    Model-Y-7-Seat-Rear-Trunk-Upper-with-3rd-row-seat-back-protectors-M1TL0361309.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 362
This is the top post on Google when searching for 7 seater cargo all weather mats so I'm going to necromance it to get an update on the state of affairs in late 2023.

It does not appear that Tesla has an OEM mat for this configuration. Worse, their store compatibility checker will tell you that the 5-seater mats are compatible with your car while the 3rd row floor mats are not.

Among third parties, here's what I'm finding. Can someone else chime in here and correct me or post feedback on their experience with using any of these products?
  • Basenor mats ordered directly from manufacturer. Seem to be fairly flimsy but have the benefit of a flap for the seats, so that when the third row is down, stuff doesn't fall through the cracks. Velcro attachment for the seat backs, no attachment for the floor. Can be ordered on Amazon for less. Very clearly designed and made in China. (MSPR $99 for both trunk and seat backs)
  • Tesmanian trunk + seat back mats. Look a bit sturdier, same attachment mechanism, but no flap or lip to cover the gap between the trunk floor and the third row, so stuff can get in between. MSRP $98 + shipping for the two ordered separately. No idea where these are made.
  • Tesloid cargo mats. The whole set is $179 and also includes frunk, under-trunk, and third row mats, whether you want them or not. The trunk mat is a single piece for the cargo floor and the seats. Unclear where these are made (though the company is Canadian).
  • 3D MAXpider has a model for the 7-seater with a single-piece design as well, currently available for $115. I just have a hard time getting over the look and functional issues with all the bumps.
  • Taptes sells a set of all mats with no way to get just the cargo mats for $230. This uses the Basenor flap design with the MAXpider pattern. Also don't love the look and don't really need all those other mats.
Did I miss any? Anyone have any of these and want to provide feedback?

Reactions: ASH27
Forgot to mention Canvasback, which makes liners that include the backs of the second row seats, as well as separate covers for the side walls and flaps that go over the seats to cover the seat tops when folded down. I’ve had these in my 3 and they are great for preventing scuffs and dirt, but don’t do much in terms of water protection and are a huge drag to clean. Made in the US to order and the most expensive of the bunch here for $259 for the floor/seat back liners alone.

Forgot to mention Canvasback, which makes liners that include the backs of the second row seats, as well as separate covers for the side walls and flaps that go over the seats to cover the seat tops when folded down. I’ve had these in my 3 and they are great for preventing scuffs and dirt, but don’t do much in terms of water protection and are a huge drag to clean. Made in the US to order and the most expensive of the bunch here for $259 for the floor/seat back liners alone.
Subscribed. At this point, I might be resigned to frankensteining pieces from different vendors to achieve the coverage I need.

I ordered the 3D Max from Amazon and was disappointed:
  • edges overhang the sides, such that taking stuff out of the deep side compartments results in you pulling up on the liner every time. this is probably not an issue if you use the Tesla side bins, as they would be insetting the contents enough to keep you away from the very edge.
  • the overall feel and material is very insignificant – it feels so lightweight. this meant that it was a bit of a challenge to get it to lie flat too.
  • the bumps and looks were not as bad as I expected
  • mats are made in Taiwan, which is def a step up from China
I ended up returning it.

Last edited:
I ended up doing Canvasback cargo liners + extension barrier and the WeatherTech cargo liner. The latter is properly designed for the 7-seater; however, it is much flimsier than the Tesla OEM floor mats and has nothing keeping it in place, which means that it loves to slide around.

Cavasback fit was not perfect for my car and they are going to be sending me updated liners that should fit better. Once that's done, I will probably have to add velcro strips to the bottom of the WeatherTech mat to keep it in place.

Reactions: ASH27
I ended up doing Canvasback cargo liners + extension barrier and the WeatherTech cargo liner. The latter is properly designed for the 7-seater; however, it is much flimsier than the Tesla OEM floor mats and has nothing keeping it in place, which means that it loves to slide around.

Cavasback fit was not perfect for my car and they are going to be sending me updated liners that should fit better. Once that's done, I will probably have to add velcro strips to the bottom of the WeatherTech mat to keep it in place.

Do you have an actual photo of the WT trunk mat? Wondering it it fits better than the OEM liner, which I'm unhappy with.